Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Will a DirecTv Phase II dish pickup FTA? Also can it be used as a secondary dish for DirecTv or Dish Network? Could it be used with Dish Network or Diseq or DirecTv switches? Or can you only receive one orbital slot with it with the 101 eye?

The Phase III DirecTV dish can be used for FTA, if you use input one it defaults to just the 101w LNB.

Cant be used with Dish as a multi dish but again just one LNB will work as a Dish 300

The Phase III dish has an internal 4 way switch so cant be used in conjunction with any other switch!

So it can be used just like a single 18" dish only!

Phase III or Phase II? There's a difference

As PSB noted, Phase III has the internall switch and the other 2 LNB's (110 & 119) are weird ones. They don't cover the whole DBS spectrum).

But a Phase II (the older model) does work a little bit for FTA. I just picked up one of these. The switch is external and the LNB's are removable. I put it up on the roof and aimed at 91 & 110 and was able to put a KU LNB in the middle (101 slot...I have a KU LNB that has the same shape as DBS LNB's). Ran 3 wires to a switch and now I have
110-Gol TV
91-radio stations
101-now with the dish smaller, alot of the signals are very low. RTPI is 30, LLBN is 32, but 3Angels (normally 99) is about 50 and KUIL Fox (normally 99) is 75.

Phase III dish, I had a typo. These have the built in switch. Can one take the lnbf apart to disconnect it from the switch to allow it to work with other dishes with a switch? If so would that be hard to do?

With a Directv Phase III dish if you use it as one orbital slot with Dish Network can you get it to output to four receivers or just one of them? Can you connect it to a 3x4 switch in order to get an output to four Dish Network receivers just as you can with Directv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)