DirecTV Prepaid/PREPAGO

Status
Please reply by conversation.

STEELERSRULE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2007
NW Pennsylvania
Now, I found out that DirecTV DOES offer a prepaid model.

Unfortunately it appears only to be sold in Puerto Rico at the current time.

It appears to have been around for at least 4 years now, and I hope it is coming to the states to compete with Dish Networks DISH NOW!/YA! prepaid program.

Excellent ways to cut costs on programming, and being in complete control.
Anyway, according to it's manual(they offer an English version according to the website, but I have yet to locate it, so I have to rely on my Spanish for translation which is crap at best) it appears that with DirecTV's prepaid model:
1. It offers PPV of movies and sports packages(this is the biggie).

2. Out of the sports packages, the offer a prepaid version of BOTH MLB and the NFL Package.

Now with these prepaid models(at least with Dish) you are not "Forced" to purchase BASIC programming packages in order to get the premium content since you are paying for it upfront.

You can order the premiums all by themselves without any of the programming packages if you wish.

It got me to wondering if this could be done with the DirecTV prepaid version when it comes to the sports packages.

I am trying to decipher the manual where it may state that basic programming is required to prepay a purchase of any of the sports packages.

My thinking is I could order this, send it to the states, set it up, order the NFL package all by itself by prepaying for it, and thats it.

My other dilema appears to be that the pins needed "may" be only sold in Pureto Rico, but I am wondering if you could order a few from some of the business down there, have them mailed here, and then refilled either via a credit card or bank account when neccesary.

I "dont think"(this is where I get into trouble) you need to provide any sort of address or phone connection(just like the Dish model), only a zip code, and you can just look one up online and give it too them.

If anyone can provide info on this system, it would be greatly appreciated.
Just trying to get info on it.

Why not just buy a DISH prepaid if you think it is so great? SD only, only 1 receiver, Radio Shack has stopped carrying prepaid cards, yes this appears to be a tremendous success for DISH.

Why not just buy a DISH prepaid if you think it is so great? SD only, only 1 receiver, Radio Shack has stopped carrying prepaid cards, yes this appears to be a tremendous success for DISH.

Because the OP wants the NFL package without a basic programming package and the person is hoping that it's possible.

Last I checked Dish doesn't have NFL sunday ticket.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts