Directv pricing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
My wife is looking at us swapping to Directv for one because they have Disney Jr and two the package would be cheaper for the channels we watch.

I know what the promo price will be for the first two years. Is it possible for any price increases during the first two years to affect us during our agreement?

it is possible
look on dtvs website to see the projected price for each month of the 2 years
it does not include any future price increase
they all do it once a year

We're paying $86 including tax a month now before DISH does their price increase. If we drop down even one tier on the programming we lose Nick Jr. We have 3 TVs with one dual tuner DVR in our living room, and a dual tuner box that feeds the other two TVs. We were looking at the Entertainment package as it has Nick Jr, Disney Jr, and still has the channels my wife and I watch. Looking at Directv's pricing structure for the first two years we are looking at $51.99 plus tax a month for the first year, and $66.99 plus tax a month for the second year and this is all including one Genie and 2 clients.

We had to "move" to get locals in HD as our DISH is the only provider in our DMA that does not do our locals in HD. Directv does have them in HD.

I would think if Directv did do a price increase it wouldn't be too much.

My wife is looking at us swapping to Directv for one because they have Disney Jr and two the package would be cheaper for the channels we watch.

I know what the promo price will be for the first two years. Is it possible for any price increases during the first two years to affect us during our agreement?
On your base pack I would say no.

Most times one of the promos is a 2 year price lock. But that doesn't mean something else couldn't go up.

Like Addtional receiver fee's, 20% of local markets are facing addtional RSN sports fee's.

if its feesable do not get the clients
get the h24/h25, and maybe a second dvr
monthly fees should be the same
if the genie goes out with the setup you are looking at, you have nothing

if its feesable do not get the clients
get the h24/h25, and maybe a second dvr
monthly fees should be the same
if the genie goes out with the setup you are looking at, you have nothing

I personally like the clients over the H24/H25 option. I like the ability to pause live TV off of every client.

Also just curious; does Directv have something like sling?

I just got DIRECTV one month ago. I know I'm price locked for 1 year and probably not on the 2nd year. The DIRECTV price increase for those not price-locked is going up about 5% according to some reports starting to hit the net.

second year my price will go up - at least because of reduced bill credits -- and I'm expecting also because price-lock may be removed for the second year so those reduced bill credits will be applied against a higher Choice package price.

you should go on directv.com and pretend to be a customer. Look around, read all the fine print, etc. I have to applaud DIRECTV for making things very clear and straightforward on their site when you are looking at starting service because everything is spelled out clearly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)