DIRECTV Q2 10 results today

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Given that he mentioned PIP in the next breath, I doubt he's thinking of the existing Plus equipment. I don't know if the HR24 has the capacity to do PIP, but I do know that the HR21-23 do not (they lack rendering facilities for a secondary video stream).

The absence of mention of the client-server model and TiVo (while contemplating adding "suggestions") may also be noteworthy.

Being that the HR24 is a much better performing box than the other HR2x boxes, it may have the horsepower necessary to do PIP. But this could also be an indication of a totally brand new box (not the Tivo one either).

It would be time for one. The HR2x line of boxes is about 4 years old.

If DIRECTV was a government agency, you might have an argument.

DIRECTV is on an annual fiscal year so we're currently in Q3. We know this because the Q2 release speaks to the "three months ending June 30th".

Thanks, I didnt know that, I have allways gone with the goverment standard as I was in the millitary. :)

Being that the HR24 is a much better performing box than the other HR2x boxes, it may have the horsepower necessary to do PIP.
PIP typically isn't a matter of horsepower (ie CPU performance). It is a matter of having two rendering units and a mixer. You cannot fake PIP in DVR software if you only have one rendering unit.

Before anyone goes off again about picture in guide, consider that the guide is not a video stream, it is text and static graphics rendered by a character generator unit and overlaid around a scaled down video window.

Harshness, where are you? :rolleyes:

DirecTV has a somewhat positive quarter and Harshness puts a negative spin on it. Dish now has a negative quarter with a net loss of subs, and Harshness is nowhere to be seen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)