Directv questions from Dish sub

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

purwater

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 2, 2004
Bluefield, VA
I have spoken to Directv directly about signing up as a new customer. I'm getting a 4 room system. I wanted 3 R10 Tivos and 1 D10. The guy said they would do 2 Tivos and 2 D10s. Cost would be $220 minus 200 rebates so essentially 20 bucks to get me going If I want the 3rd Tivo I'd have to buy it and swap it out for one of the D10s after install. That's no big deal to me as I've installed systems over the years. I saw on solidsignal.com that you can get as many Tivos as you want. The fee just goes up due to more expensive install fees. I have a few questions. 1) Is the SD signal quality on Directv as good as Dish? 2) Should I deal with Directv or use a retailer? 3) If a retailer is my best bet then which one is good to deal with? I've checked out expertsatellite, rapidsatellite, solidsignal, valueelectronics, etc. Thanks for any info in pointing me in the best direction for DTV.

Look in the phone book and call a local retailer, you might want to check with D and see if you'll be able to keep your East, West locals. I'm guessing that you'll loose them when you switch. What location are you in?? You might want to also check and see if D is going to charge you any extra for the switch to run all the Tivo's and D-10's

I know I won't be able to keep the east and west networks, but I will get all of my locals for the Tri Cities VA/TN market. That will be fine since the signal strength should be stronger on D* for locals. I asked the D* rep and he said the price he quoted me included the 4 X 8 switch. I asked to make sure. The local retailers in my area have told me to call D*. Most have went to only installing E*. The one guy I talked to that actually still installs D* said he couldn't install at my home because of my location. I've never heard of that before. Seems like most retailers on the web quote the same deals. I guess it comes down to the customer service. I just want to get off on the right foot on my D* install.

I think the DIRECTV rep mis-quoted you as DIRECTV will only give one $100 DVR rebate per account.

Any authorized DIRECTV dealer can supply 3 DVR's and a basic receiver. As Satellite forum sponsors we give extra discounts and incentives that are not listed on our public web site.

You will love DIRECTV, especially with our DVR services.

-Robert

Robert, got a few questions. I am also considering switching from Dish to DTV. I'm thinking of getting a two room DTV DVR (Tivo) system with the Phase III dish and the Total Choice Plus programming package with locals.

1. Does the free installation include running dual lines for both DVR's through two seperate exterior walls (i.e. one in living room and one in bedroom)?

2. Are all DTV local channels now on the 101, 110 and 119 birds or are there side satellites like E*? If there are side satellites and my locals are on one of these side sats, is the 2nd dish and installation, plus any needed switches free with the standard install?

3. After initial activation, can both the DVR's be unhooked from the phone lines? Both the DVR's will be in rooms without phone jacks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts