DirecTV questions... please help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mkersey24

Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and am hoping someone can help me. I moved into a house in Upstate NY (Syracuse area) about 1 year ago. We purchased DTV service and had it for about 8 months. We cancelled early and paid the early termination fee. Since then we have Verizon FiOs.

My questions is... we still have the DTV dish on the roof and the cable lines set-up. I'd like to, if possible (and I'm hoping it is), get the NFL Sunday Ticket this season without a contract. Is it possible since I still have the dish and cables set-up, to buy a box or lease a box and get the Sunday Ticket without a contract? I don't mind paying for a package or something during the season as well, but I cannot be in a 2 yr contract, etc.

Do I have any options?

Thanks!!

Do you still have the receivers? If not, you would have to buy receivers in order to not have a contract. If you can even buy them anymore (I am not sure about that). Anyway, I think that even if you could do that, you would have to pay for at least Choice or Choice Xtra to be able to get Sunday Ticket.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and am hoping someone can help me. I moved into a house in Upstate NY (Syracuse area) about 1 year ago. We purchased DTV service and had it for about 8 months. We cancelled early and paid the early termination fee. Since then we have Verizon FiOs.

My questions is... we still have the DTV dish on the roof and the cable lines set-up. I'd like to, if possible (and I'm hoping it is), get the NFL Sunday Ticket this season without a contract. Is it possible since I still have the dish and cables set-up, to buy a box or lease a box and get the Sunday Ticket without a contract? I don't mind paying for a package or something during the season as well, but I cannot be in a 2 yr contract, etc.

Do I have any options?

Thanks!!

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to get ST without renewing your commitment. If you had put your account on hold, you would only have the remaining months on the commitment. Since you paid the etf, you are sol. Sorry!

BRUTAL!! Dang it! I was hoping there was a way I could buy or lease a box, and just pay for the sunday ticket a regular programing for a few months.

BRUTAL!! Dang it! I was hoping there was a way I could buy or lease a box, and just pay for the sunday ticket a regular programing for a few months.

Nope, sorry. I'm pretty sure you can't create a new account without getting your first box through Direct TV and when you do that you automatically get a 24 month contract.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)