DirecTV Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

teknophyle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Does anyone know if DirecTV will offer superstations like KTLA,KWGN, WWOR, WPIX, and the Boston Superstation. These stations are offered to anyone that has Dish Network. Why are they NOT offered on DirecTV's system? Also does anyone know if DirecTV will offer XM Satellite Radio or Sirus on their system? Dish Network has Sirus. I would also like to see BBC 1,2,3,and 4 on the system and channel 4 and 5 all in the UK.

DirecTV has made no mention of carrying any of the stations you mention (or XM Satellite Radio), teknophyle.
If you want those superstations (or the Sirius music channels) you can, as you noted, get them on Dish.
So what is the problem?
And if you want all that BBC programming, you could move to the UK or call or write DirecTV or Dish or VOOM (or your local cable company) with your request.

I would love to have the superstations added as well as those British channels. I would love to have channels from Canada added as well, as Canada is my birthplace. But with all the copyright laws and sydex rules and profit motives of D* and E*, I would not hold my breath on it. Chances are you will suffocate...unfortunately. :no

Having sampled XM on their website and hearing how annoying some of the DJs/announcers are, I'd much rather have Music Choice. The announcers are as bad if not worse than the ads. At least radio ads are entertaining sometimes. :)

DirecTV

I think that DirecTV should compete with Dish Network by adding the channels that Dish Network has. IE the super-stations in LA, Boston, Denver and the 2 in NYC. Since Dish Network has Sirius DirecTV they should add XM. That is the only way for DirecTV to compete effectively. I spoke with the VP of Programming for DirecTv in LA today. His secretary told me that they are adding some channels in the future but as far as the superstations are concerned the only reason why they have not added them is space. DirecTv has no space to add the WB/UPN supersations but in the next year or so they will look into adding them as space becomes available on their satellites. They literally get hundreds of calls a week about such issues.

hello teknophyle welcome to satelliteguys the internets #1 satellite forum.........If there is any way I cant help please feel free to pm me...................DIGITAL~DAN

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)