DirecTV R15 Wal-Mart Siteings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jonaswan2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
How many of you have seen the R15 at Wal-Mart? Bought it? Played with it? I know there have been some sitings over at the Tivo Community forums.

ok how do I find out if my wal mart has the r15? My walmarts don't carry directv receivers per say but have a kiosk where you sign up. Does this mean they have the receivers in a stock room somewhere?

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Sorry, but that is 100% impossible. No retailer has been shipped the HR15. The first folks to ge the R15 will be my customers.

-Robert

Like the ones back in August, no September, no October, no November,........

Sorry Robert, have to bust ya until you actually HAVE the units.

Brewer4 said:
Like the ones back in August, no September, no October, no November,........

Sorry Robert, have to bust ya until you actually HAVE the units.

Robert means that the people on the preorder list will get the first ones, when he gets them!

Neutron said:
Robert means that the people on the preorder list will get the first ones, when he gets them!

Of course not. Problem is, Directv keeps holding them back after he gives some dates around availability. He seems like a straight forward guy, and its not his fault, but until he got um, he cant say he got um. I've seen several of his posts with dates and they dont seem to pan out.

Has anyone actually been to wal mart and seen or bought the r15 yet? I'd like to know if my stores around here actually carry the directv receivers.

Is the R15 a Hughes box? My wife is the invoice/upc person at the Wal-Mart she works and can look up stuff in the inventory system even if it isn't for sale yet. But I need to know who makes it.

uncrules said:
Is the R15 a Hughes box? My wife is the invoice/upc person at the Wal-Mart she works and can look up stuff in the inventory system even if it isn't for sale yet. But I need to know who makes it.

It's branded DirecTV, just as the R10, D10 and H10.

Wal Mart does not have any R15s.

Correct, I can't ship them until DIRECTV releases them. However, I will ship my orders at least as soon as any retailer will, in fact, I may be the first dealer shipping the R15 as I was the first dealer shipping the SD DIRECTV DVR, and the HR10-250.

I beat ever retailer in America by 2 weeks on the SD DVR and HR10-250.

Never underestimate the power or a single highly dedicated person.

SatelliteGuys enjoy free shipping, no sales tax and the fastest delivery.

-Robert

Unfotunately I don't have a credit card with any money left on it or I would have been glad to buy a new dvr from you robert. As it is though I only have cash and you don't accept cash. So I'm stuck buying from walmart, circuit city or best buy.

Mike: I went to a Walmart in Texarkana AR today and was thrilled when I saw "Directv DVR" on the box. Upon looking in the lower left corner, however, it had the TIVO logo. I believe this was an R-10 unit, but I couldn't read any other details, other than marketing-type statements. j c

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)