Directv Reciever

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Eoth2011

Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
NH
Good Morning , not your normal run of the mill question I suppose, but here goes.

We are directv customers and have been for oh about 5 years. Last year we had a home fire and lost everything , we are now finally back home , after going thru the bout of homelessness and dvd's and no live tv, etc, because the rental we had , didnt allow dish tv, and we didnt want to give up our dish tv. Our thanks for hanging in there?

We are finally moving home, called Directv and asked to order a replacement reciever, they are charging us for the reciever, I kinda understand, but the kicker is, they want us to sign an two year contract with them as well??

Do i have to buy a new reciever from them, or can i buy another one elsewhere? Any help is greatly appreciated.

This past year has been hurdle after hurdle, and the Customer Service was not very helpful.

Activating any new receiver requires a new contract, regardless how you get it. Only exception is owned used receivers which are a completely different story.

Is it possible to get a owned used reciever?

Yes but you will pay a higher price on it. You can go on Craigslist or fleabay and find one. Make sure you get the RID# and call directv to make sure it's truly owned vs leased. Happens all the time. Also, have you tried going through retention? They may be able to wave the receiver charge and just supply you a new receiver WITH a new commitment. Btw, thanks for hanging in there! :D

:welcome to Satelliteguys Eoth2011!

I suggest you send an email here: ellen.filipiak@directv.com That's the office of the president. Explain your situation. That's your best shot at getting a fair resolution. BTW, have you filed a claim with your insurance agent for the receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts