DIRECTV Remote Control over the network.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I do have the 1.3C but before http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/members/gerlin.189421/ 's hint about the clientAddr parameter I had no clue about how the Genie/Whole home things could works.
The clientAddr portion applies uniquely to GenieMinis. It has nothing to do with controlling multiple "receivers" (unless you're referring to the clients as "receivers").

Maybe it would be useful to use the model numbers of the equipment so the client vs receiver issue doesn't enter in.

The clientAddr portion applies uniquely to GenieMinis. It has nothing to do with controlling multiple "receivers" (unless you're referring to the clients as "receivers").

Maybe it would be useful to use the model numbers of the equipment so the client vs receiver issue doesn't enter in.

Yes, I was definetely considering every box as a "receiver" and everything asa "client". I never even touched a Genie setting in real life and I always struggle to translate "marketing" in "technical" and the things get confusing betwen overlapping features and how they are actually achived.
I get that the clientAddr is specifically used for controlling the sub-boxing but seem I would need to have their MAC-Address.
The first step for me at this point would be to just collect every IP address the UPnP protocol return and let people select which box (I presume only real receivers) send commands to.
That should be in my knowdlege range and temporary suspend the whole Genie and relative minion boxes until Ill be able to study the thing a bit better.

I get that the clientAddr is specifically used for controlling the sub-boxing but seem I would need to have their MAC-Address.
You might try the getLocations query. It sounds like it might be at least part of the answer. My hope would be that it would list the Genie and all of its registered clients (by MAC address and user assigned location name).

You will do well not to introduce different terminology to refer to things when it comes to talking about receivers and clients. It is more than confusing enough already with all of the model numbers and model names. That the Genie is once the HMC, another time an HR34/HR44 and other times a server or WHDVR is enough to make anyone's head spin. Don't get me started on the nomad/GenieGo malfeasance.

Reactions: CiroIp
You might try the getLocations query. It sounds like it might be at least part of the answer. My hope would be that it would list the Genie and all of its registered clients (by MAC address and user assigned location name).

You will do well not to introduce different terminology to refer to things when it comes to talking about receivers and clients. It is more than confusing enough already with all of the model numbers and model names. That the Genie is once the HMC, another time an HR34/HR44 and other times a server or WHDVR is enough to make anyone's head spin. Don't get me started on the nomad/GenieGo malfeasance.
Apologize for the confusion and 100% agree with you.
...and BINGO. The "getLocations" seem to be the correct command.
On my HR24 it return:
Code:
{
  "locations": [{
    "clientAddr": "0",
    "locationName": "HR24"
  }],
  "status": {
    "code": 200,
    "commandResult": 0,
    "msg": "OK.",
    "query": "/info/getLocations"
  }
}
As expected the "server" always return "0". Now I need to find someone that could try querying a C31/C41 (a Genie miniunit).
In case of a positive I would still need to find a way to automatically retrieve the miniunit's IP...
The RVU Protocol (which the entire Genie and I suppose the Hopper and similar are based upon) indicate that the units have be UPnP ready. If they were smart they could have put the macaddress directly inside the UPnP informations. I'll keep digging around but seem that I have pretty much all pieces of the puzzle now.

It seemed a reasonable assumption given that the command was added along with clientAddr to support the HR-34.
I found an example of the return response with a Genie/Mini setup:
http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/printthread.php?t=9514&page=6&pp=10
See the next-to-last post from MikeW.
You're pretty much there.
Yes, that's seem exactly what the app need to be able to control everything (even an hybrid setup with multiple regular DVR and multiple Genie Units). I probably have to keep sending queries to be sure that the miniunits status is always update (seem that the getLocation doesn't cache the units mac address and list only the powered on.
I repost the example here for reference.
Code:
http //<DTVIP>:8080/info/getLocations
Code:
{
  "locations": [
    {
      "clientAddr": "0",
      "locationName": "BONUS"
    },
    {
      "clientAddr": "B4F2E8BA0C41",
      "locationName": "OFFICE"
    }
  ],
  "status": {
    "code": 200,
    "commandResult": 0,
    "msg": "OK.",
    "query": "/info/getLocations"
  }
}
I'll see if I can give you a free copy of the app for the help if the Windows Store have such feature.

UPDATE:
22th July 2014 a new version is avaible with some rudimental support of multiple receivers.
Im still not 100% comfortable with managing multiple receiver directly from the main interface but at least I can test if people have trouble recognising multiple DVR over the network since I can't really test on my own (only 1 DVR in the house).
Key words here are "HELP" and "FEEDBACK". Does last version break anything? is it at leasst usable? How reliable it is?
Link to the application here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)