DIRECTV rolls out the double deal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lewis

Original poster
Nov 11, 2003
North Carolina
Directv rolls out the double deal Q2 promotion starting march 1st. The three for free is extended untill december 2004 and the new subscriber can get the total choice with locals for $29.95 per month for the first 6 months then it goes to $39.95 depending on how many recivers you have what a deal. :shocked

Cool, Dish is going to have to match some of that. 6 months of $29.99 with more channels(even Total Choice has more channels than AT120) is a better deal than even the DHA where you can avoid the $5/month charge for the 2nd tv. Plus, they are keeping the 3 free months of HBO. That's a better deal. Dish will eventually have to match that. I say by the middle of March it will be matched.

lewis said:
Directv rolls out the double deal Q2 promotion starting march 1st. The three for free is extended untill december 2004 and the new subscriber can get the total choice with locals for $29.95 per month for the first 6 months then it goes to $39.95 depending on how many recivers you have what a deal. :shocked

Where did you see this? I saw the $29.95 in a press release but hadn't seen anything about continuing the 3 rooms free or keeping the 3 months of HBO free like mentioned above. Is there a press release somewhere?

I saw it on the directv retailer site i'am a directv retailer it did not say anything about continuing the free HBO and the price for the total choice is $29.99 for the first six months i put 29.95 sorry but it says the 3 times free will be extended untill december 2004 i have not seen the web flash for febuary yet. They are calling it the Double Deal.

lewis said:
I saw it on the directv retailer site i'am a directv retailer it did not say anything about continuing the free HBO and the price for the total choice is $29.99 for the first six months i put 29.95 sorry but it says the 3 times free will be extended untill december 2004 i have not seen the web flash for febuary yet. They are calling it the Double Deal.

Do they say anything about if I can get a discount on total choice plus? Also do they say anything about further discounts on Tivo systems? I am thinking about switching from E* pretty soon, been waiting to see about discounts on the HD-Tivo for new subscribers.

baloo75 said:
Do they say anything about if I can get a discount on total choice plus? Also do they say anything about further discounts on Tivo systems? I am thinking about switching from E* pretty soon, been waiting to see about discounts on the HD-Tivo for new subscribers.

I do not know for sure, however I would assume since the regular price for TC+ will be $3/mo more then TC starting 3/1, I would assume TC+ w/locals will be $32.99/mo for those first 6 months. I had heard rumors of a Free Tivo upgrades, however even if those rumors are false, the deals out their for Tivo upgrades are pretty good now and would likely remain, as low as $49 on the Internet and $99 after mail-in rebate at the brick and mortar ce stores like BB and CC.

Maybe this is the ''big news'' that we have been waiting for. Comparing this with Dish Networks FFA2 deal where the customer gets 2 receivers for $199 they get $10 off their bill for 20 months making the 2 receivers free, the DirecTv customers will get three receivers free up front PLUS $10 off their programming for 6 months so it does look a bit better, although I bet the credit card is required with DirecTv's promotion where it is not required for Dish Network's FFA2 promotion.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts