DirecTV sends customer bill for over $600 after home burns down...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
... so once again lack of personal responsibility rears it's ugly head..... sadly they will end up paying out of their pocket.. not having proper insurance coverages is a risk far too many people risk and roll the dice with.

That's how it should work, but unfortunately many tenant's don't carry renter's insurance because they're under the false assumption that their landlord's insurance will cover their losses which, of course, is not true.

Most of the time, not only is this fact spelled out in the lease, but you are REQUIRED to carry insurance. I had to show proof of insurance to my landlord within 30 days of signing the lease when I was in an apartment. Just like the crybabies who whine that they didn't know their homeowner's policy doesn't cover floods when their claims are denied. They know, because it's in the policy, and there isn't an insurance company in the country that writes HO policies that include flood coverage.. Hell you can't watch TV without seeing the commercials that spell out in a way understandable by your average kindergartener the fact that homeowner's policies don't cover flood.

I saw this on KCWY-TV, via FTA...A long time customer of DirecTV lost his home in a fire, and destroyed (3) sat boxes. DirecTV sends them a bill for over $600 for canceled service.
The customers were going to re-up their subscription at a new location, but the new landlord would not allow a satellite dish. So the nice guys at DirecTV sent them a big bill.
The customers tried to explain to DTV customer service what had happened, but got no where. They went public with their story, and I guess DirecTV got word of it and said they were sorry, and even offered free installation after they corrected the bill. The long time customers, said they had lost faith in DirecTV and would go with another Satellite Co.
Can't blame them for feeling that way.The customers said, "they need to shut down that call center"...

This does not surprize me one bit! Shame on you Direct!

Status
Please reply by conversation.