Directv service (or lack of service)

mpinales

mpinales

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 15, 2010
Ohio
I ordered a wireless genie. I made an appointment for an installation. A week later, I took off work for a 12-4pm window. I then got a call saying "there are no trucks in your area today and call for a new installation date". When I called they were VERY rude and not very accommodating. Service has gone way down since AT&T took over. I have no contract. I am checking out competition.

CycloneSat

CycloneSat

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 29, 2019
Loganville, GA
Be sure to check out both traditional television and streaming television options. Here’s what I recommend:
Traditional Television: Dish Network, Xfinity (if available),
Streaming Television: Youtube TV, Hulu Live, Sling

Review these and see what you like.

raoul5788

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
I sure miss the days when you could just buy a self-install kit at Walmart or Best Buy...
Installing the older dishes was a lot easier since the alignment was no where near as critical as with the Slimlines.

Reactions: CycloneSat
T

TxDTV

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 31, 2018
Texas
I had a appointment Tuesday to have my equipment upgrade to 4K, no one showed up or called

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

TheTechGuru

TheTechGuru

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 30, 2010
Texas
Installing the older dishes was a lot easier since the alignment was no where near as critical as with the Slimlines.

I installed my SL5 myself. Seems just as easy to me other than needing to set up a HR24 with a small TV at the dish location. I put it up before the internet was installed, otherwise I would have just used two cell phones in a video call over wifi to see the inside TV.