Directv should send AT&t a thank you card.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zellio2008

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
8695_tier_nov08.jpg

What other business is so kind as to make your previously bad hd extra packs look good to new customers?

I think we'll see something like an HD Premium on many providers in the next year or two. As more and more unique channels come out like Smithsonian, CI, etc, they'll get bigger.

I think it's alot like HDNet and Discovery Theater were in the early days of HD, you're paying a lot for a little because it is unique, looks great, and fewer people are subscribing to it.

It'll only be a promotional price to get customers in as fast as possible to soften the red tape. It's only a matter of time before direct follows Charlies example and charges higher rates for hd packages.

People don't go for one channel as a premium. You've got the majority of subscribers on dish, directv, and fios wanting hundreds of channels, you aren't gonna get the main group to subscribe to one little channel.

For a new service like AT&t uverse, which only has 40 total hd channels, you probably could, but good luck convincing comsumers expecting alot of channels to subscribe to 1.

Now the price increase, is a good alternative...

We already pay 10 bucks extra for HD, I think it's silly to pay an extra 5 for the extra pack for a handful of more channels. I do it of course, but I think it's silly!
e13528.gif

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)