Directv Signal suddenly went out

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fordfan485

Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
Yorktown, VA
So i'm watching TV other other night and the signal just goes out. The weather out side is clear, no wind and i have my dish mounted to the roof. I have a HR21 downstairs w/ the DECA unit for networking it to the new HR24 upstairs, ive had the setup for almost 2 months now. The dish i have is a SWM LNB. My signal strength on all transponders is a 0 and the setup doesn't get past 0% after resetting the red button. Also when i do a system test on both units it just hangs at 20%. I have tried power cycling it and the tech support over the phoned didn't know what was wrong. Did my dish somehow get out of alignment or is it something else. Just wondering if there is something I can do in the mean time because the Directv technician wont be able to come out till the end of next week and if I can save the 50 dollar service fee that would be great.

So i'm watching TV other other night and the signal just goes out. The weather out side is clear, no wind and i have my dish mounted to the roof. I have a HR21 downstairs w/ the DECA unit for networking it to the new HR24 upstairs, ive had the setup for almost 2 months now. The dish i have is a SWM LNB. My signal strength on all transponders is a 0 and the setup doesn't get past 0% after resetting the red button. Also when i do a system test on both units it just hangs at 20%. I have tried power cycling it and the tech support over the phoned didn't know what was wrong. Did my dish somehow get out of alignment or is it something else. Just wondering if there is something I can do in the mean time because the Directv technician wont be able to come out till the end of next week and if I can save the 50 dollar service fee that would be great.

Try unplugging the power inserter and let it sit for a minute then plug it back in and reboot.

Yea i did that on the phone with the directv support and even unplugged everything the next day and let it all sit off for a few hours with no power before plugging it all back in. Still have the same problem. I also unhooked the DECA from the box downstairs to see if that was causing the problem and still had the same result.

Yea i did that on the phone with the directv support and even unplugged everything the next day and let it all sit off for a few hours with no power before plugging it all back in. Still have the same problem. I also unhooked the DECA from the box downstairs to see if that was causing the problem and still had the same result.

I would think it could be a alignment problem, but there are still a lot of variables ...
Could be LNB ...

Are all your recvrs not working ?

correct none of them are working they just give me the 771 error

How well do you know your set up ?
Would you be able to disconnect and set up connection directly to a recvr ?
You will also need to Rerun Sat Set up, I would normally swap LNB's before hand to make sure it all works correctly, but not sure if you have the equipment to do such a thing.
What I'm trying to accomplish is having a direct connection should tell you if the dish is out of alignment.

The SWM set up makes it more complicated than it should be.

Last edited:
I know all the equipment in the house pretty well and know what I have on the roof. Only problem is I dont have an extension ladder to get up on top my roof so even if i wanted to realign the dish or change the Lnb I wouldn't be able too. I also don't have a spare LNB to swap out.

How well do you know your set up ?
Would you be able to disconnect and set up connection directly to a recvr ?
You will also need to Rerun Sat Set up, I would normally swap LNB's before hand to make sure it all works correctly, but not sure if you have the equipment to do such a thing.
What I'm trying to accomplish is having a direct connection should tell you if the dish is out of alignment.

The SWM set up makes it more complicated than it should be.

2 MONTHS, DO.....

Since you said you're new and only have had it for 2 months which is approximately 60 days, you have 90 day warranty on your install. Call them and let them know and it should be covered by that warranty

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)