Directv Slimline 5 LNB Alignment Instructions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Harley55

Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
Downey
Can some provide start to finish Instructions on how to align a Directv Slimline HD 5 LNB dish. I do have a Acutrac 22 MK II Pro meter. I want to realign my dish my signals on 101 are 95 and below and I get rain fade. Any help? What transponders do you align to?

Here is the "manual" if it helps:
http://www.winegard.com/kbase/uploads/DS-3355.pdf

There are many videos on youtube as well.

As for transponder for 101 I'm not sure if there is any specific one that is better than the others, I usually just aim one of them and then check a few others to make sure they are similar.

95 and up is pretty good, tweaking at 95+ is likely not going to help much with rain fade.
What do your signals look like on 99/103?

jcrandall you pdf file looks good. I'll try it out in the morning and let you know how it came out. Tell me what you think about the 99 and 103 signals. They look low.

You've already got signal, so at this point its a case of dithering till you get them where you want them ... remember, you'll never get 100% on all of them.
If you go to the 101 Sat and I find transponder 12 to be the highest, I usually have about 5 or 6 that show 100%.
The 99 and 103 will fall into place from there.

Downey Ca
Oh ... well those Ka levels are pretty much normal then for So. Cal.

I have a SL-5 feeding a SWiM-16 and have had my dish aligned several times trying to improve Ka CONUS levels and the best it would ever do is mid to high 80s. With maybe one or two tps. in the low 90s. And then for some reason one or two later eventually dropping into the high 70s.

Yet every time there was a service call which called for an IV retest on the Work Order, it would always pass with these mediocre levels so ....

I just assume it must be normal for this region of the country.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Here's my current Sat readings do they look good across the board.

Attachments

• Directv Sat Settings.pdf
    1,003.7 KB · Views: 317
:welcome to Satelliteguys Harley55!

Considering your location, your numbers are pretty good. Have you tried dithering the dish as jcrandall suggested?

I'd recommend dithering to see if you can get those 99/103 readings a little closer to 90, but as the guys mentioned you may only get a slight improvement.

I'm going to try it out on my test setup tomorrow. All of you have provide a great deal of useful information thanks. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Reactions: raoul5788
After aligning my test setup I have determined that the signals I'm getting in my house are the best they can be. I want to thank everyone for their input.

Reactions: Jimbo
You live in Downey, CA and you are worried about rain fade? Very funny. I live just a bit down the road and would love to worry about rain fade. And that rain storm we had a few months ago will cause rain fade with any alignment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)