Directv Sports Field - Green Green Grass of Home?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Spike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Suburbs of Milwaukee
I am scheduled for a Directv install for this coming Thursday. I had Directv about 4 or 5 years ago. I don't want to mislead anyone. I have a neurological brain disease and can't remember what year it was to be precise, but it must have been in that 4-5 year range, or close. Now back then, when I watched sporting events, there was so much over compression of the signal that the field of play (the green grass) looked like it was alive with little creepy crawly things that were constantly moving. My question is, has technology improved to the point where this is no longer the case? I am hoping so. Thank you for your response!

#waytooslow due to disease

Spike

I have a 75" 4k, and a 55" HD and never seen anything like that....Been with Direct for just shy of 2 years....

I bet you will be happy with it......TBI survivor here....Short term bad, long term memory better...

I have a 75" 4k, and a 55" HD and never seen anything like that....Been with Direct for just shy of 2 years....

I bet you will be happy with it......TBI survivor here....Short term bad, long term memory better...

WOW! You are in my prayers. Neurological related illnesses and injuries are so invisible that they are often misunderstood. I have a lot of respect for you. How are you doing now? I have CRPS, AKA the Suicide Disease.

Thanks I get by......Tell us how the picture is when its all said and done!

Spike,
Are you sure it wasn't needing a different setting on your TV ?
Most TVS have about 5 different Picture settings and it will look like that if you leave it on the Dynamic or whatever they call it on your set.
It's basically a setting they use in the stores to make everything pop to catch your eye.

Spike,
Most TVS have about 5 different Picture settings and it will look like that if you leave it on the Dynamic or whatever they call it on your set.
It's basically a setting they use in the stores to make everything pop to catch your eye.

Thanks for this post. No it wasn't that. I had tweaked all of my equipment with calibration software.

Thanks I get by......Tell us how the picture is when its all said and done!

I will do that. I never thought that I would be a Directv subscriber. It was lately my last choice. Now, I'm really getting excited to have it. Man, how things change!

Spike,
I know what he talking about. I've seen this shimmering grass effect. It is usually one of the old turfs under stadium light. Either the turf or lights have been replaced or there better camera lens, because I haven't seen the shimmering turf in years.

I know what he talking about. I've seen this shimmering grass effect. It is usually one of the old turfs under stadium light. Either the turf or lights have been replaced or there better camera lens, because I haven't seen the shimmering turf in years.
Oh, I was thinking he was talking in a lot of different shows, not just sporting events ...
Guess not.

Reactions: Spike
my neighbor had an issue with his high refresh rate actually causing stuttering. that was an easy fix. but i cant say i've seen this grass effect.

go pack!

Reactions: Spike
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)