Status
Please reply by conversation.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
What all does this include? I'm getting 2 HD-DVRs, one standard DVR. I don't need OTA wiring ran. Both of our HDTVs have built in tuners, and I'm getting our locals through Directv.

There's existing coax run to each room that's getting a receiver. I would need 1 coax run to each receiver.

We live in Texas, so we have no basement or crawlspace since it's a 1 story house. We have an attic.

Hi... I can tell what was included for me. (Ohio) First off, you're going to need TWO lines to each HD-DVR (can't say for the SD one) That'll require a 4X8 switch. Four wires from the slimline to the switch and then your five (or six) lines out. Fishing wires through walls may or may not be included. In my case, I helped the installer and we spliced into my E* wires, or the RG-59 (short runs) from our cable days. From what I've gathered this is pretty much at the discretion of the installer. My installer was cool and I tipped him (only $20). I suggest you work with him if possible but don't accept crap work either. As others answer your post, I believe you'll find it varies greatly by vendor and individual installer. At the LEAST, they should run new lines to all DVRs and include any wire, mounting and switch required. Please post back if you have something more specific in mind. :cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)