Directv starting their own internet service?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CHunterK

Original poster
Dec 9, 2007
I have directv and live in an area where I can't get cable or dsl internet. I called directv to ask how much satellite internet was. They said right now they only partner with other services and Wild Blue was the only service in my area. However the rep did say Directv is going to start their own satellite internet service and is testing it in 3 markets (anaheim was one, can't remember the other 2). The cost was only $15-30/month for those users. Does anybody have any more information about this? When will they be going national with this service. Will it be any better than Wild Blue? I haven't read too many good reviews about WB and want to wait for the Directv service.

I have directv and live in an area where I can't get cable or dsl internet. I called directv to ask how much satellite internet was. They said right now they only partner with other services and Wild Blue was the only service in my area. However the rep did say Directv is going to start their own satellite internet service and is testing it in 3 markets (anaheim was one, can't remember the other 2). The cost was only $15-30/month for those users. Does anybody have any more information about this? When will they be going national with this service. Will it be any better than Wild Blue? I haven't read too many good reviews about WB and want to wait for the Directv service.

For that price I doubt it will be a satellite based service. They are more than likely talking about partnering with another company and with that price I would say DSL.

Could also be WI-MAX or that new service that uses the electrical wires. They've been talking to both services.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts