DirecTV starts Multi-Room Viewing MRV field installs in 4 markets

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I believe I read it is a 500gb hard drive, just like the HR23. Nothing more than the current line as far as storage. ESATA is always an option of course.

So there'd you be with your unsupported esata drive, your unsupported ethernet that could be replaced at a fee with beta test deca equipment, and your secret CE software.

:D

I dont care much about the extra equipment or install fees, because I'd never pay them. I'm just interested to see that they went ahead with a $3 fee (which will be $5 next year) when 75-80% of users polled said they wouldnt pay anything for it. Which makes sense since you can get MRV for free on almost any other dvr product out there.

Now we'll see if that big majority backs up their vote with their wallets.

I think the majority of that majority doesn't want or need MRV. Some of them may have been trying to convice them not to charge for it. If someone wants it, $3 isn't a bad price. It makes life much easier in my house and I only spent $40 to install cables and a switch. Won't pay $149 for the DECA upgrade though.

Will this work on HR23-700 HD DVRs? Just got the free upgrades installed today and got a flier in the mail yesterday about MRV. I am already networked at my house via ethernet. The rep on the phone said to call once I have everything installed and they can activate it for me. Is this true?

Will this work on HR23-700 HD DVRs? Just got the free upgrades installed today and got a flier in the mail yesterday about MRV. I am already networked at my house via ethernet. The rep on the phone said to call once I have everything installed and they can activate it for me. Is this true?

Yes it will, connect it to your network, and you can enable the beta MRV from your receiver. You just have to opt in.

For the beta you can opt in on the receiver if it is LAN networked. What we dont' know is what it will take for DirecTV to activate the $3 MRV service on an account without having a DECA install at the home. Hopefully if you already have a LAN setup they will just activate the $3/mo feature with a phone call.

Being in the test area, and having a LAN, you could call and find out for us :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)