DirecTV - the Realities of Moving?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hokies416

Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
SW Virginia
Greeting wise and grizzled vets of DIRECTV near & far!

We're moving about 1.5 miles in about 6-8 weeks and have been DIRECT customers for almost 3 years.

What do I need to know prior to our move. We'd like to stay DIRECT customers. I figured the synergy here is a good info gathering task before calling 'them'.

In advance....many thanks for any insight, tips, tricks, suggestions, etc.!!!!

All the best from the land o' the Hokies!

Basically, they move you for free. If you don't upgrade your equipment, you have to agree to stay with Direct for 12 months. If you upgrade your equipment, the new equipment is free, but you have to agree to stay with Direct for 24 months.

Basically, they move you for free. If you don't upgrade your equipment, you have to agree to stay with Direct for 12 months. If you upgrade your equipment, the new equipment is free, but you have to agree to stay with Direct for 24 months.

Just did this and this mimics my experience as well. We had 5 year old equipment and upgrading to whole home.

Greeting wise and grizzled vets of DIRECTV near & far!

We're moving about 1.5 miles in about 6-8 weeks and have been DIRECT customers for almost 3 years.

What do I need to know prior to our move. We'd like to stay DIRECT customers. I figured the synergy here is a good info gathering task before calling 'them'.

In advance....many thanks for any insight, tips, tricks, suggestions, etc.!!!!

All the best from the land o' the Hokies!
If ya know where your moving, verify that you have Line of Sight ahead of time.

If ya know where your moving, verify that you have Line of Sight ahead of time.

This is a good idea but if he wants out of his contract due to NLOS he'll need a tech and a supervisor to verify it if he truly doesn't have a LOS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)