Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
New Multi-Year Deal to Deliver Best in Sports, News and Entertainment

to DIRECTV Customers, In and Out of the Home

Adds Fusion, Longhorn Network, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Buzzer Beater,

ESPN3, SEC Network + and the Full Suite of Live Linear and On-Demand

via DIRECTV Everywhere and Authenticated WATCH Services

Expanded Video-On-Demand Content Available to DIRECTV Customers at Home, On-The-Go

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...Twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Hopefully, there will be an "opt-in" for customers who would prefer not to have these add-ons and not pay for them. Eventually, ESPN will be more expensive than HBO, only we won't have a choice in the matter.

Reactions: ChadT41
That had nothing to do with the current negotiations. That was Disney wanting Dish to pay extra for HD feeds of new HD channels added while the existing contract was in force, so Dish dropped the HD channels until the contract for those channels expired and they which were negotiated in and added in the new contract a few months ago.

It's still a drop no matter what the circumstances were. Dish could have easily negotiated instead of suing. The problem is when you use the tactics Charlie has used it tends to leave a bad taste in peoples mouth. DirecTV has used tact and usually shows good will with these things. I dont care how heated things get at the table, there should be no reason why people walk away. You can always find middle ground. Unfortunately, the only one that DirecTV has walked away from was PAC12. But in the words of Rick from pawn stars. If the deal isn't right then sometimes it is best to walk away. Charlie walks away way too much. What I am saying (from an armchair QB position) :) is that if you give a little it might go a long way with these providers and how Dish fights its battles are the wrong way about going at it.

It's still a drop no matter what the circumstances were. Dish could have easily negotiated instead of suing. The problem is when you use the tactics Charlie has used it tends to leave a bad taste in peoples mouth. DirecTV has used tact and usually shows good will with these things. I dont care how heated things get at the table, there should be no reason why people walk away. You can always find middle ground. Unfortunately, the only one that DirecTV has walked away from was PAC12. But in the words of Rick from pawn stars. If the deal isn't right then sometimes it is best to walk away. Charlie walks away way too much. What I am saying (from an armchair QB position) :) is that if you give a little it might go a long way with these providers and how Dish fights its battles are the wrong way about going at it.

That seems to always be your answer. Spend more money as the programmer is always right. Oh wait you work for a programmer :rolleyes:

Didn't Versus and Viacom go dark on Directv. Guess Mike White didn't care for your advice either.

Reactions: sculchy and ChadT41
That seems to always be your answer. Spend more money as the programmer is always right. Oh wait you work for a programmer :rolleyes:

Didn't Versus and Viacom go dark on Directv. Guess Mike White didn't care for your advice either.

Two versus Dish's 20!!! On top of that those disputes were back when, in 2011. Dish has had way more drops sense then and it has been more frequent. Also, to be clear I dont work for a programmer! I left Fox a long time ago to work for the other team! LOL :) Your interpretation of what I am saying is inaccurate. I am not saying spend more money. What I am saying is reaching out with an olive branch goes a long way in Charlies case. It has been posted that the diffrence between Directv's and Dish's packages are a whopping 3 bucks. I dont know about you, but for me the extra 3 bucks is not work the aggravation of loosing channels over. Yes these things happen but there is always a way to reach an agreement that will work for both company's without having to pull out your hair or remove channels. While sometimes that evil may be necessary, If you can prevent it do it. I would rather have a contract prorated or back dated than have a channel pulled as taking care of people are the reason ultimately why Dish or Directv is in buisness. If you cant do that they why even bother? Also, I no way speak for any company and anything I post here is / are my opinions which are subject to change.

Two versus Dish's 20!!! On top of that those disputes were back when, in 2011. Dish has had way more drops sense then and it has been more frequent. Also, to be clear I dont work for a programmer! I left Fox a long time ago to work for the other team! LOL :) Your interpretation of what I am saying is inaccurate. I am not saying spend more money. What I am saying is reaching out with an olive branch goes a long way in Charlies case. It has been posted that the diffrence between Directv's and Dish's packages are a whopping 3 bucks. I dont know about you, but for me the extra 3 bucks is not work the aggravation of loosing channels over. Yes these things happen but there is always a way to reach an agreement that will work for both company's without having to pull out your hair or remove channels. While sometimes that evil may be necessary, If you can prevent it do it. I would rather have a contract prorated or back dated than have a channel pulled as taking care of people are the reason ultimately why Dish or Directv is in buisness. If you cant do that they why even bother? Also, I no way speak for any company and anything I post here is / are my opinions which are subject to change.

That was back in 2011 yet you just brought up Dish and Disney from 2010 as if it was relevant. If Fox didn't want to go dark they would have offered an extension like Disney, CBS and others have done. Channels go dark but it's usually a last resort, it is rare that they are pulled immediately without a few extensions. I think that says more of Fox's tactics than Dish. I negotiate for millions of dollars a year for my clients. I am well aware how this works and how the media chooses to spin it and incite the consumers.

As usual I am done with you, I am glad for the Directv viewers that will finally eventually have access to the Watch apps, but lets see how happy they are when the price increases are announced and the moaning about the cost of espn comes into play.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts