Any more word on 2 HR44's in home?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Still no.

I'm waiting on the CES, with fingers cross, that we get some info on what a Genie Lite could be. A name DirecTV ™ in April.

2 genies would be a stackers dream. I imagine any product which added 5 tuners will still be a slave to the original.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Still no.

I'm waiting on the CES, with fingers cross, that we get some info on what a Genie Lite could be. A name DirecTV ™ in April.

Ah, cool. The HR24 isnt bad, I use it to record duplicates. It is just slow as all get out and would prefer the space of the HR44.

Ah, cool. The HR24 isnt bad, I use it to record duplicates. It is just slow as all get out and would prefer the space of the HR44.
My two year old HR24 flies through guide, menus and faster to respond on my Whole Home. I have 6 year old HR22 & R22, which take forever to reboot and sluggish when filling up.

The only thing my hr24 does faster is ff through programs. The 44 kills it in everything else.

My two year old HR24 flies through guide, menus and faster to respond on my Whole Home. I have 6 year old HR22 & R22, which take forever to reboot and sluggish when filling up.

"flies" is not a word I would use to describe my HR24. But it gets compared to the Roamio and HR44 in the house (fair or not).

I think we will see the option for 2 genies when the SWM13 LNB's are widely available
If I have a SWM 16 currently and add another HR44 (have 1 now and a hr24 on this set up currently) ... wouldn't I be good with a 2 genies and a HR24 with the current set up ?
I would have a total of 12 tuners, I could but 1 genie on each side and the HR24 on one of them and should be good.

If I have a SWM 16 currently and add another HR44 (have 1 now and a hr24 on this set up currently) ... wouldn't I be good with a 2 genies and a HR24 with the current set up ?
I would have a total of 12 tuners, I could but 1 genie on each side and the HR24 on one of them and should be good.
From a technical perspective yes. The issue with 2 genies comes with clients. They have trouble pairing because they see multiple servers. I've seen this on a service call when two seperate accounts in a double block home shared an Internet connection.

From a technical perspective yes. The issue with 2 genies comes with clients. They have trouble pairing because they see multiple servers. I've seen this on a service call when two seperate accounts in a double block home shared an Internet connection.
Yes, this is one of the issues with multiple genies that is preventing multiple genies being allowed. And DirecTv does not seem to be in a hurry to fix them.

Exactly, if you want 2 HR44's then you just stick with H/HR's for the other TVs and skip the clients. Problem solved.

Reactions: Jimbo
So how does Dish do two Hoppers then? Directv really needs to fix this and soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts