Directv Tivo HD coming out this year?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

uncrules

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2005
High Point, NC, USA
According to D*'s Twitter page it is indeed coming out by the end of this year.

New DirecTV TiVo HD still on schedule for this year

We can't believe it, but Twitter is really taking over the world. We mean, first celebrities found it and now it seems to be the source of some solid gadget news: like confirmation from DirecTV that the new DirecTV TiVo HD is on schedule to be released by the end of this year. It's been over six months since DirecTV and TiVo announced plans to once again work together, but after the announcement that DirecTV suspended its Media Center tuner project, we had fears that whatever put that project ice, affected the TiVo project as well. Don't get too excited just yet though, as there is still no word if the new DirecTiVo will be missing key features like TiVoToGo and Multi-Room Viewing, like the old one.

DIRECTV (DIRECTV) on Twitter

@bradbarrish The new TiVo HD is scheduled to be out by the end of the year.

i wish they would give some kind of details. still,very good news. gives us another option to consider.

How come Tivo is saying it won't be out to 2010?

Something is not jiving now.

Maybe schedules changed. I don't know.
noidea.gif
But I think the important thing here is that D* has finally acknowledged the box. Up until now D* has been mum on this box to the point that people have doubted it would ever come to pass.

Just wondering how many years it was when DirecTV said that the HR20 is coming out "This Year".

I am just skeptical when Tivo issues a statement saying its not going to be out, but then some (assumed) CSR posts to Twitter that it will be out this year.

If it was to come out this year wouldn't we see at least mock up of the box by now?

My prediction here is that we wont see this unit available by consumers by the end of the year.

Just wondering how many years it was when DirecTV said that the HR20 is coming out "This Year".

I am just skeptical when Tivo issues a statement saying its not going to be out, but then some (assumed) CSR posts to Twitter that it will be out this year.

If it was to come out this year wouldn't we see at least mock up of the box by now?

My prediction here is that we wont see this unit available by consumers by the end of the year.

You're probably right. Also I hope that CSRs don't have access to post updates to D*'s twitter page. That should be some marketing type responsibility.

You're probably right. Also I hope that CSRs don't have access to post updates to D*'s twitter page. That should be some marketing type responsibility.
They are not your normal CSR's, these are the higherups probably in the excutive department or marketing department.

The Twitter Page for DirecTV is to keep a buzz going about DirecTV, and it seems to be doing its job. :)

DirecTV just twittered an update.

Looks like my feelings we correct.

TiVo Inc. Investor Relations - SEC filings

We also announced an extension of our DIRECTV partnership. Under the terms of this non-exclusive arrangement, we expect to develop a version of the TiVo service for DIRECTV’s broadband-enabled HD DVR for a launch to consumers as soon as possible in calendar year 2010.

That does make more sense. But it's still a positive sign that D* even mentions it since a lot of people doubted that it would even get made since D* went so long without acknowledging it.

Only one positive sign is DTV making buzz to attract more customers. Nothing else in reality.
[Time to change your topic to correct one, at least add "No"]

I don't get why anyone would want to have a tivo D* receiver.
Doesn't everyone remember the last one which made the hr2x series look speedy and the non-existent software updates? Now the speed could be fixed with the latest hardware going into the box but does anyone really believe the software updates will be any faster and if so why?
I think the software on the hr2x series (CE specifically; MRV,DLB,Widgets) is a faster processor away from blowing away the competition. Tivo's software hasn't changed very much since it first came out and the sd interface hasn't changed at all. :confused:

I don't get why anyone would want to have a tivo D* receiver.
Doesn't everyone remember the last one which made the hr2x series look speedy and the non-existent software updates? Now the speed could be fixed with the latest hardware going into the box but does anyone really believe the software updates will be any faster and if so why?
I think the software on the hr2x series (CE specifically; MRV,DLB,Widgets) is a faster processor away from blowing away the competition. Tivo's software hasn't changed very much since it first came out and the sd interface hasn't changed at all. :confused:

Tivo is the King of Kings.:D

While the standalone grass may get greener over time, it's TiVo, and that's why people want it.
True enough. I think a lot of people will get caught up in the fact that D* has the choice and maybe the interface being cartoony and making cute noises will grab some too.
But at the end of the day will any of the well informed pay more for less?
I am still holding out for the day that the processor can take anything D* can throw at it and maybe that will open up skinning. A guy can dream.

We also announced an extension of our DIRECTV partnership. Under the terms of this non-exclusive arrangement, we expect to develop a version of the TiVo service for DIRECTV’s broadband-enabled HD DVR for a launch to consumers as soon as possible in calendar year 2010.

This makes it sound like Tivo will release software that will work on existing D* HD DVR's. Will it be for existing D* HD DVRs or a brand new HD DVR?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts