DIRECTV TiVo THR22 compatible with DSWM LNBs?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cpalmer2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 18, 2013
United States
It appears my HR24 is about to finally kick the bucket. Rather than try to get a replacement out of DirecTV I'm seriously considering picking up one of the DirecTV TiVo THR22's. I love my standalone TiVos, and while I know the DirecTV version uses an older version of the operating system the wishlist/season pass features make me lean in that direction as opposed to another HR24. I don't want to commit to a Genie 2 yet, and need more tuners, so this appears to be the best avenue.

My question is will the THR22 work with the newer DSWM and/or reverse band LNBs though?

The receiver you are looking at Will not be able to be seen on your whole home network - that would be a deal breaker for me - Maybe Not you?

Thanks for the info guys. I was aware of the other limitations. I just couldn't find a definitive answer as to whether it worked with the newer SWM LNBs.

This is more the "Man Cave" DVR. I like to have something I can record on separate from the zillion shows my wife records, so having "Whole Home" on this box isn't an issue for me. I'll take the wishlist and more advanced recording features it offers as opposed to the HR24 I'm using now. I use to compensate for that with the Boolean searches, but when I upgraded to the HR54 most of those magically stopped working for me?

Thanks for the info guys. I was aware of the other limitations. I just couldn't find a definitive answer as to whether it worked with the newer SWM LNBs.

This is more the "Man Cave" DVR. I like to have something I can record on separate from the zillion shows my wife records, so having "Whole Home" on this box isn't an issue for me. I'll take the wishlist and more advanced recording features it offers as opposed to the HR24 I'm using now. I use to compensate for that with the Boolean searches, but when I upgraded to the HR54 most of those magically stopped working for me?

I Understand your use for it -But the THR22 is an older Version based on the HR22-100 - You might be better off getting a replacement HR24 and either Isolated the playlist or install a Band Stop Filter's on both tuners and at least have a Newer Chipset DVR- just saying - Putting the BSF's on the unit will keep it off your whole home system

Reactions: Jimbo
I don’t think it will work with a DSWM.

I had a friend a few months ago who had a HR44 and a THR22. We added another HR24 bringing the tuner count to 9, so I installed a reverse band instead of messing with a SWM 16.

I couldn’t get the THR22 to come back online and had to replace it with another HR24.

I could be wrong, but I remember it not working.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)