DirecTV to announce partnership for content transfer to portable devices

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am hearing it could be a partnership with Sony and the player would be a Sony PSP. (Please consider this a rumor) :D

That would be pretty cool. Only downfall is the PSPs lack of memory, I think the biggest I've seen for them is a 4GB and it's kinda big & klunky and costs as much as the PSP itself. Minus that though this would certainly give me a reason to break down and pick up a PSP.

Why does D* mess with transfering contents to TOYS??? They need to get off their asses and support transfer of content to PC's.

If this has to do with their DVR, it looks like they are going to pull out more features, to have those who have the TIVO to move to there DVR.

Maybe just maybe your new Video ipods might be supported in the future. I won't say anything more on this because as of now I have no idea if this deal would even happen because as of now apple is being a little bit of a stickler on the DRM.

vurbano said:
Why does D* mess with transfering contents to TOYS??? They need to get off their asses and support transfer of content to PC's.
Or better yet, from one DVR to another.

The PSP's can have a memory upgrade with a memory stick according to an employee at Wal-Mart. Maybe they are going to make another version of PSP that allows more memory or something.

yeah, but how much more memory can you get with a memory stick or a flash card??? The deal Dish has with Archos is something that direct might ought to look into... Man my archos av700 with a 100gb harddrive is so sweet!!!

There are a lot more PSP owners out there then Archos owners though, and that number is only going to continue to climb. You can currently buy a PSP with a 1GB Memory Stick.

Actually I am hearing a little more (All should be considered a rumor)

Quite POSSIBLY you may be able to record to ANY pocket video recorder / player that supports Windows Media "Plays for sure" technology.

IF this is true, it means that you could actually record DirecTV on your PocketDISH as it supports Microsoft Plays For Sure technology. :D

I find that funny!

CWS_kahuna said:
That would be pretty cool. Only downfall is the PSPs lack of memory, I think the biggest I've seen for them is a 4GB and it's kinda big & klunky and costs as much as the PSP itself. Minus that though this would certainly give me a reason to break down and pick up a PSP.

4GB of memory or storage? Heck my desktop PC only has 2GB of memory?

Your comparing apples to oranges. Memory (RAM - Random Access Memory) to hard drive space. Perhaps there could be one of those miniature hard drives put into those devices. Heck they make a 1GB or 2 GB maybe even more storage than that on the thumbdrives now although some are pricey.

Thats my question to the poster; he was saying 2GB of memory (as in system) was weak, I am asking if he really meant storage, as in a flash card, they might be "called" memory but they are portable storage devices, they are not system memory.

Scott Greczkowski said:
ANY pocket video recorder / player that supports Windows Media "Plays for sure" technology.
What about Pocket PC's. Sure would be a much larger installed base.

charper1 said:
4GB of memory or storage? Heck my desktop PC only has 2GB of memory?

LOL!!! Sounds like my PC... I still am running windows 98 (1st edition) with a 6gb harddrive...

I can't even take advantage of the play for sure software on my Archos until I upgrade my PC.. money, money, money.... yikes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts