DIRECTV to Deliver Local HD Programming in 67 Markets by Year End

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Questioner said:
Ah I see what you tried to pull....I never said percentage in the original post.

Caught you again - anyone can now see that you have edited your original post AFTER I quoted you - it says so right on your post. You are quite the fool. You have changed your wording, man are you a lying loser.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

ScoBuck said:
Any member can just ask Earl - he will confirm your banning. He was responsible for banning you - and clearly posted that at THIS site.

I was definitely not banned by earl, it was another moderator, chris I believe. However, that matter was quickly cleared up as my identity was cleared up, and I have been posting there again for quite some time.

ScoBuck said:
Caught you again - anyone can now see that you have edited your original post AFTER I quoted you - it says so right on your post. You are quite the fool. You have changed your wording, man are you a lying loser.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

When I was looking back at the post to see what you were going on about, I noticed a spelling error and corrected it even before I realized what you had falsely added to my quote.

ScoBuck said:
I think your lying is way too open now for EVERYONE to see TVBob.

Too funny loser.

Unfortunately I'm sure these posts will be deleted soon enough so no one will see anything, even those containing useful discussion about directv's hd offerings, because you can not have a civil conversation with someone without insults and breaking the forum guidelines for conduct.

To the point of OTA versus sat. I get OTA but folks desperately need a sat HD LIL option. My friend is 45 miles from the towers in hilly tree lined terrain so he is an absolute need of HD LIL over sat. So the more the merrier with the Spaceways.

mcbeevee said:
How did my city (#58) get skipped?? :confused:

DMA Rank
35 Greenville, S.C.
39 Grand Rapids, Mich.
41 Harrisburg, Pa.
42 Norfolk, Va.
43 New Orleans
45 Oklahoma City, Okla.
46 Albuquerque, N.M.
47 Greensboro, N.C.
49 Buffalo, N.Y.
51 Providence, R.I.
52 Jacksonville, Fla.
57 Little Rock, Ark.
61 Tulsa, Okla.
62 Mobile, Ala.
65 Flint, Mich.
66 Ft. Meyers, Fla.
69 Green Bay, Wisc.
70 Toledo, Ohio
73 Des Moines, Iowa
74 Portland, Me.
77 Springfield, Mo.
78 Spokane, Wa.
85 Madison, Wisc.
112 Reno, Nev.
122 Santa Barbara, Calif.

This is interesting timing. As an Austin D* Customer held hostage by LIN on KXAN/KNVA, on HD LIL, I wonder if we will have a break in the negotiations. I see that just last week, LIN shook up their board and now has a former D* and NewsCorp President.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/business/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003190817

looking at that list on the new markets, a lot of those are LIN markets with at least 2 of the big 4 nets. FOr example Grand Rapids #39 skipped over earlier has an NBC, ABC and former UPN LIN owned station - proably not worth Launching the market with 3 LIN holdouts. Also Providence with a LIN FOX and CBS - Norfolk has a LIN NBC and FOX, etc -

http://www.lintv.com/stations.html

I wonder if this means the new LIN top brass will become more D* friendly now?

Hd Lil

Anybody know the status of Local HD channels in San Antonio? Thanks

jsegura said:
Anybody know the status of Local HD channels in San Antonio? Thanks

SA went up about a month ago w/ CBS/FOX/ABC minus NBC WOAI - I see now that plugging in a SA ZIP code in the D* site it looks like they have come to an agreement with Clear Channel and now have WOAI - I am thinking of 'Moving' there myseld if LIN won't budge on KXAN for NBC HD- I would imagine at only 70 miles from Austin, I should be in the Spotsbeam

how in the HELL did Toledo, OH end up on the list. I am shocked but could really careless because i get mine via OTA here in Toledo

RE: As for why market #XX isn't on the list, it can be a number of things.

My market is #39 and was supposed to be up nearly 2 months ago but got delayed because the local stations wouldn't sign contracts. Now I see we're on the list again so maybe they got their act together.

Your market may not be on the list for several reasons:
1) Not enough contracts signed. Especially if stations are owned by LIN.
2) Not enough satellite pentration in the area. Go for more subs elsewhere first.
3) Not enough spot beams to cover your area. In other words a smaller market near a large market might be able to fit their channels on the larger market's spot or between two nearby spots for larger markets. My market is a good example being sandwiched between Chicago and Detroit (Grand Rapids). But I see Flint, Mi is on the list too. Thus the Flint stations and Grand Rapids may go up on the same spot.

And there are other reasons too I'm sure.

bjoe said:
This is interesting timing. As an Austin D* Customer held hostage by LIN on KXAN/KNVA, on HD LIL, I wonder if we will have a break in the negotiations. I see that just last week, LIN shook up their board and now has a former D* and NewsCorp President.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/business/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003190817

looking at that list on the new markets, a lot of those are LIN markets with at least 2 of the big 4 nets. FOr example Grand Rapids #39 skipped over earlier has an NBC, ABC and former UPN LIN owned station - proably not worth Launching the market with 3 LIN holdouts. Also Providence with a LIN FOX and CBS - Norfolk has a LIN NBC and FOX, etc -

http://www.lintv.com/stations.html

I wonder if this means the new LIN top brass will become more D* friendly now?
They are holding my E* CBS Hostage, I have both providers and No HD locals so am hopeful D* can negotiate with LIN... as D* pulled my HD distants awhile back... (May for the west and a year ago Sept for the east ) ...

Having seen how D* has to deal with uncooperative local stations regarding HD LIL broadcasts, I do feel for D* a bit. Living in a top 10 major market myself, 2 of the locals are real pains in the a-- to work with...with one of them still operating 1980s technology (I bet duct tape cane be found in places) and fighting upgrades to join the rest of the HD world at every turn.

I feel your pain with the local HD access. :(

There is one positive about being skipped over this time. Maybe the new slimline dish will be available when D* brings the HD locals to my city next spring! :)

Jackson, MS - the city where the first RCA DSS system was launched in '94 is STILL not on the list.... *sigh*

1994: The RCA Digital Satellite System (DSS) Begins Broadcasting

The RCA DSS system or DirecTV was the first small-dish satellite system on the market, and the small space requirements and ease of installation made it highly popular among consumers. The system was first activated for consumers on June 17, 1994 at Cowboy Maloney's retail stores in Jackson, Mississippi. It reached 1,000,000 sales 10 months after introduction, about 10 times greater than CED player sales during the same period after their introduction. The satellite that made the DirecTV system possible had been launched a few months earlier in December 1993.

charper1 said:
Bjoe has a great point, maybe the majority of the affiliates are giving them a hard way to go for a contract?

That's what I was thinking. I am in DMA #65 and we aren't on the list either. They already have a contract for ABC and FOX because they are both owned by Sinclair but the other two aren't.

Brewer4 said:
To the point of OTA versus sat. I get OTA but folks desperately need a sat HD LIL option. My friend is 45 miles from the towers in hilly tree lined terrain so he is an absolute need of HD LIL over sat. So the more the merrier with the Spaceways.

Bingo, my fellow husky fan :)

I live in the #1 DMA, and can't get OTA from ANY of the big 4, even with a CM4228. If there ever were a textbook example of why HD LIL is needed, I'm it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts