DIRECTV to Launch Local Channels in 11 Previously Announced Markets June 10th!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mini1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2004
press release just out! The 11 new DIRECTV local channel markets are:

Bakersfield, Calif.
Mobile, Ala.-Pensacola, Fla.
Eugene, Ore.
Portland-Auburn, Maine
Fort Myers-Naples, Fla.
Santa Barbara, Calif.
Harrisburg, Pa.
Tulsa, Okla.
Little Rock-Pine Bluff, Ark.
Wichita-Hutchinson, Kan.
Madison, Wis.

these will be going online sometime tomorrow!!!!!! :)
sorce: http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/040609/95660_1.html

This is a pretty impressive pace for adding LIL, considering the new satellite plus call center load...

I have a friend at Eugene, Ore. that will be happy with this announcement since he subscribe to D* and can't get locals OTA. Would it include HD locals as well?

no, no satellite company delivers locals in HD yet by satellite. (other than CBS-HD if you live in NYC or LA) tell your friend to get an OTA antenna for locals in HD. he should have better luck with the digital signal than analog. DirecTV has annouced plan's to start offering locals in HD, but thats a while away.

mini1 said:
no, no satellite company delivers locals in HD yet by satellite. (other than CBS-HD if you live in NYC or LA) tell your friend to get an OTA antenna for locals in HD. he should have better luck with the digital signal than analog. DirecTV has annouced plan's to start offering locals in HD, but thats a while away.
He can't get OTA because he's too far from the towers. Anyway, thanks for the info, at least now he'll be able to get the local SD channels.

but the longer range digital signal may be able to get to him. I guess your saying he is really far away from the towers. anyway- I'm glad I could you and your friend out.

What brand of OTA do you recommend for receiving HD signals from locals. I live in Las Cruces, NM and our locals go live on 24 June, but I am looking at adding a HD receiver so I can pick up HD programming.

thanks in advance...

-daniel

first you must check to see if your locals even broadcast in HD yet, and when they do-what days of the week, what channel number and so on. visit antennaweb.org for help. then find the answer to your question in one of the local HDTV reception threads. just because your locals are going on DirecTV on June 24th doesn't mean they even broadcast in digital yet. DirecTV converts the analog feed. check and get back to us.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)