Directv to offer eight games at once!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gmcgown

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 24, 2005
Fort Worth
The $300 dollar NFL package will allow a mosaic broadcast showing eight games simultaneously, according to today's Wall Street Journal. Get ready to really concentrate!

How and the hell can anyone actually relax and enjoy watching up to 8 games at once? While this may be a great feature for the hardcore gambler, I doubt a lot of people will find this feature useful beyond the, "oh, look at what my TV can do" novelty. Anyway, just my opinion.

riffjim4069 said:
Er..I just realized that it may be a nice feature to use to select that games that aren't playing commercials, etc.

I have always found that if I turned to the game that I least want to watch, it is always on when my game is in commercial. :D

they had probably this many last year as well -- we hook 4 tv's up in the living room, 2hd's and 2 regular 20"s ... it's awesome, you set it up so the push of one button switches all 4 tv's to another game -- 8 at once, it's like a bar in my house!

riffjim4069 said:
Er..I just realized that it may be a nice feature to use to select that games that aren't playing commercials, etc.
And after you select that crappy SD game off of the even crappier SD screen of 8. You can then look up the HD channel number and go there to see it in HD. Wow how wonderful. Something I am sure every HD fan wants to have to pay for to watch in HD.

riffjim4069 said:
How and the hell can anyone actually relax and enjoy watching up to 8 games at once? While this may be a great feature for the hardcore gambler, I doubt a lot of people will find this feature useful beyond the, "oh, look at what my TV can do" novelty. Anyway, just my opinion.

I want that badly! I'm not a gambler but I am a football freak. I used to visit sports bars so i could watch all the games concurrently.

Last season I'd split screen my 55 inch hdtv and watch the local game on one screen and directv nfl ticket games on the other side. the prospect of getting 6 or 8 games at once is awesome!

watching two games at once, far too often you get commercials on both at one time. this way i'm always getting plays.

As a fanatsy geek myself, the features of Superfan put me over the top to get it. I will see how it works and if I get fantasy football use out of it, and see if it is worth it in future years.

I have 7 televisions in my living room.....6 for NFL games....and 1 for the NASCAR race. So Directv is behind in this novel idea as far as I am concerned.

Man I thought I was nuts with 1 65" HD, 1 27" SD, and TV through my laptop with Snapstream Beyond TV. Its great but I have hard enough time keeping track of 3 games. I have PIP so I could do 4 in the 65" HD. Not sure that is even big enough to follow 8 SD games. Nor do I want to waste my HD screen on SD crap. Thats for the 14" laptop and 27" TV but then, 8 games is way too much on a little screen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)