DIRECTV to Offer Local Channels in 172 Markets

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am new to Terre Haute, IN. I was amazed to learn that DirecTV does not offer locals. Now I see they WILL later have them, but as I see it, what is my incentive to wait for DirecTV when Dish offers them already. Will DirecTV give me another market's locals until they turn on the Terre Haute channels. When I talked to a service rep, they were saying something like I could BUY an external market local for something like $10 per channel. ugh.

I am new to Terre Haute, IN. I was amazed to learn that DirecTV does not offer locals. Now I see they WILL later have them, but as I see it, what is my incentive to wait for DirecTV when Dish offers them already. Will DirecTV give me another market's locals until they turn on the Terre Haute channels. When I talked to a service rep, they were saying something like I could BUY an external market local for something like $10 per channel. ugh.

You may be able to get the hd locals from NY or LA, but not likely any near you.

You DO get the locals from new york. I am from the Terre Haute DMA and receive the New York ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS and FOX. Channels 60-65. Doesn't cost a dime extra. Call and ask again.

First I ever heard of someone being asked to BUY an external market local... Although honestly IMO if your in Indiana just get an antenna and point it at Indianapolis... unless your in Sullivan or TH it self you should be able to get an antenna that can pick up the Indy Stations, with it what guys 60 miles from indy to TH. after they get the locals up you'll be stuck with locals from NYC for ABC still, unless Directv works something out that they can have WRTV out of Indy or have WICS out of Springfield or WEHT out of Evansville for Illinois viewers although I doubt that they will do that. it shouldn't be too much longer now to wait, the website said november for locals launching...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts