Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DIRECTV Surpasses Cable and DISH Network in 2011 American Customer Satisfaction Index

DIRECTV Continues its Winning Streak, Now Beating Cable TV for the 11th Consecutive Year and is the only Company in the Cable and Satellite Category to Improve its Overall Rating
EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- For the 11th straight year DIRECTV, the world's largest pay TV provider, has once again scored higher for customer satisfaction than all major cable TV companies in the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI), released today. In addition, DIRECTV surpassed its competitors, DISH Network and AT&T U-Verse, who both had the biggest declines of four points in the ACSI this year.

In this year's ACSI survey, DIRECTV was the only company in the cable and satellite category to improve its position from last year and posted an index score of 69, reflecting customers' overall satisfaction with the service, compared to the cable and satellite TV industry, which received an average score of 66. Specifically, DIRECTV scored 10 points higher than Time Warner, Comcast and Charter Communications, who also posted declines from last year's survey. Customers surveyed by the ACSI in the first quarter of 2011 were also asked about such issues as customer expectations, perceived quality, and customer loyalty.

"The common goal of every employee at DIRECTV is to continually improve the customer experience and our ranking in this year's survey reflects their dedication and hard work," said Mike White, president and CEO of DIRECTV. "While we improved our position within the survey this year, we understand that our customers have many options when it comes to choosing a television provider, and we will continue to stay laser-focused on improving all facets of the overall customer experience to make their choice an easy one."

The American Customer Satisfaction Index is a national economic indicator of customer evaluations of the quality of products and services available to household consumers in the United States. ACSI releases results for various sectors of the economy on a monthly basis to provide up-to-the-moment coverage over the entire calendar year. The national index is updated each quarter and factors in scores from more than 225 companies in 45 industries and from government agencies over the previous four quarters. The Index was founded at the University of Michigan's Ross School of Business and is produced by ACSI LLC. ACSI can be found on the Web at www.theacsi.org.

Odd numbered year. Next year it will be someone else. Also, what the heck is ACSI? How does it relate to JD Powers?

Is this kind of like Motor Trend's car of the Year which has been described as "The Best Award That Money Can Buy"?

Not trying to pick on DTV. Just a bit skeptical of all these things from any provider as they just end up being marketing puff and not an indicator of actual customer satisfaction or commitment.

of course its marketing......next thing I'll see commercials that Comcast had a higher rating than Dish & Direct

It's like the the Popeye Chicken and Churches Chicken commercials. Popeyes states in their commercial that their chicken was voted better than KFC. And Churches states their chicken was voted better than Popeyes.

Find a good review and run with it, everyone does it.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys

Nice Piece of Marketing Bull

Nice how the folks at DirecTV completely failed to mentioned Verizon FiOS, which just happened to score 3-points better and "Top" all competitors in the Subscription Television Service category. I guess nobody reads the actual report.
:deal:

Baghdad Bob says, "DirecTV has once again scored higher for customer satisfaction than all major cable TV companies in the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI), released today. In addition, DIRECTV surpassed its competitors, DISH Network and AT&T U-Verse... I guess DirecTV doesn't consider Verizon, the 8th largest cable TV provider, a major cable TV company.
:spam:

Baghdad Bob says, "...DIRECTV was the only company in the cable and satellite category to improve its position from last year and posted an index score of 69, reflecting customers' overall satisfaction with the service, compared to the cable and satellite TV industry, which received an average score of 66. True, but let's give this statement a little context...DirecTV failed to mention they were a full 3-points short of customer satisfaction leader Verizon Fios, who posted an index score of 72. I don't think even Dish Networks sinks to such a blatant omission of a fact.
:facepalm

Anyways, the results are posted here for everyone to see. You be the judge: May 2011 and Historical ACSI Scores

Last edited by a moderator:
For TV subscription services, I sure didn't see any numbers that should be bragged about. all in all, pretty low numbers.

Yes, D* was higher than E*, but only by 2 points - fairly insignificant imo. And Uverse was 1 point better than E*, still insignificant.

Heck, these numbers aren't anything for a marketing gee-whiz type to get all a flutter about!! ::)

Last year, E* scored higher than D* and the E* fans were all happy and they even made a commercial about it. Now D* scored higher than E* and the E* fans are making excuses for the ratings.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys

No one should care. If you are not happy change providers if you are then enjoy.

decide if I needed TV; if I did I would stop wasting money other places I piss it away or if I didn't I would turn it off = simply cause I understand its a free market economy and I have choices to make.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)