DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 4/24/2024

yeah I just set it to show all channels that and nothing showed up. Not trying to watch SD anything in 2024 :)

I guess it's only for affected equip. Not fussed to see it, was just curious!
Thank you for your curiosity. It's good to know they can limit that display to people who need to see it.

This is the first time I have been able to observe the signals for a DMA with SD duplicates being shut down. I am just inside the 48 dBw contour of the footprint for D9S beam BB21, which carries the Washington DC locals on TPN 18. The APG Guide data still maps the local channels to PIDs on that transponder, but they also have INFO channels in the Guide for those stations.

When I use TSreader and a Genpix Skywalker-1 to tune to that transponder, I was surprised to see that there NO audio or video PIDs present. The only thing beeing transmitted on that transponder is the SLOW APG guide data required by old SD only receivers. People in the Washington DMA will see a signal loss error on their regular SD stations.
SORRY, THIS WAS MY ERROR. TSReader was displaying the PIDs in descending PID number order, And I missed that.

TPN 18 is the only 101 spot beam frequency I can receive here in Eastern NC now. It shows a SS of 61 on my DirecTV receiver, and I get a SNR of 7.8 to 8.0 db on the Genpix SW-1.

Last edited:
Reactions: KyL416
Nevermind! The previous post was a cockpit error on my part. When I set TSReader to display like I normally have it, the Video and Audio PIDs are there for the local stations.

Last edited:
DirecTV Satellite Transponder Updates for Mar 20 2024

Comparison of Transponder Data for Mar 20 2024 vs Mar 13 2024:

No changes in system tables for any transponder tuning parameters.

Changes to the use of defined transponders:

6 Transponders cleared of all Streams::
Net 0 TID 3 Beam BB09 is a Spot Beam Transponder on D9S@101, TPN 4
Net 0 TID 3 Beam CB12 is a Spot Beam Transponder on D9S@101, TPN 4
Net 0 TID 3 Beam CB14 is a Spot Beam Transponder on D9S@101, TPN 4
On 03/13/24 this transponder serves DMA 81-Greenville, SC
Net 0 TID 11 Beam BB09 is a Spot Beam Transponder on D9S@101, TPN 12
On 03/13/24 this transponder serves DMA 4-Albuquerque, NM
Net 0 TID 27 Beam BB10 is a Spot Beam Transponder on D9S@101, TPN 28
Net 0 TID 27 Beam RB01 is a Spot Beam Transponder on D9S@101, TPN 28

Stream (PID) counts:

LIVE Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
4​
HD​
275​
1450​
1​
SD mpeg4
139​
202​
-1​
SD mpeg2
374​
1​
210​
-13​
RB​
Audio​
89​
Push​
31​
Slate​
20​
1​
TEST Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
HD​
1​
1​
3​
-1​
SD mpeg4
1​
SD mpeg2
RB​
Engr Work​
42​
-11​
2​

The PID count Excel workbook provides much more count detail.

Newly updated tables of Streams on each transponder are available in the DataDigesters TPN Grids

More details of changes in individual channels will follow in the Weekly Analysis
and Gary Toma's Domestic TPN Map Excel files

Weekly Analysis soon
Some continued shuffling of TPNs
MLB getting ready
Enjoy
DataDigesters

Weekly Analysis for 3/20/2024:

Attachments

• Weekly_Analysis_240320.xlsx
    17.1 KB · Views: 46
In addition to the previously mentioned stuff:

Merit Street is in test mode on channel 306 and is scheduled to launch on April 2nd. In addition to paying TBN to takeover their .2 channels, Dr. Phil is also paying to takeover the .1 of WMBC/63 NYC, KVMD/31 LA, WJYS/62 Chicago, KTXD/47 Dallas, KOFY/20 San Francisco, WGBP/66 Atlanta/Columbus and WJAL/68 DC so his channel could get must carry rights on the cable systems in those major market DMAs.
EDIT: It's also now testing on the stream server

More March Madness and MLBEI prep, including moving WCBS, KCBS, TNT, TruTV and TBS to transponders with 5 HD channels.

686 DBACKS is back in test mode, nothing for PADRES or ROCKIES yet...
An INFO channel is now on 694-3 telling viewers they can catch the South Korean Padres/Dodgers games on ESPN.

375 Blossom is finally mapped to a TMSID with listings

Rockford's new CW affiliate WSLN/9 is now live, with an INFO channel replacing WIFR-L2/24

9754 GPPLAN (Gemini Protection Plan offer) is now live

Cleanup of some engineering records along with the SD Sig View records of the Denver and Boston SD channels

Greenville SC's SD locals (which will be going away in the near future) moved from TPN 4 to TPN 20, making TPN 4 the first 101 spotbeam transponder fully cleared of all channels. If they haven't already done so, they will likely be switching TPN 4 from D9S to D16 so they can start clearing some of the TID/PID conflicts for the markets that will be staying on 101.

Merit Street is in test mode on channel 306 and is scheduled to launch on April 2nd. In addition to paying TBN to takeover their .2 channels, Dr. Phil is also paying to takeover the .1
So is Dr Phil ALSO "paying-for-play" to be on DirecTV sat/stream? Or are they actually paying him something?

Hi,
Anyone else seeing tpns 4, 18, 20, 26 and 28 showing as 0 strength on 101 today? All other tps for me are 97-99.
TY
4 and 20 are 0 here, which I think is always the case.
The other 2 you mentioned 99 and on 28, I'm only showing 56 ... I presume its suppose to be that way.

Reactions: cma
Anyone else seeing tpns 4, 18, 20, 26 and 28 showing as 0 strength on 101 today? All other tps for me are 97-99.
They're in the process of retiring the spotbeams from the 101 location

Your location in Burlington would be in range of the Philly-NYC-Boston beams:
TPN 4 used to have a mix of Boston and Philly locals
TPN 12 and TPN 20 still has NYC's SD locals
TPN 18 and TPN 26 never really reached your area, as the closest beam is centered over the DC area
TPN 28 used to have Boston's SD locals, including WMUR for the New Hampshire portions of the Burlington DMA