DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 4/24/2024

The MLB Extra Innings Mix is now repurposing the NBA League Pass Mix
The NBA League Pass Mix is now repurposing the Kids Mix until after the regular season ends on 4/15

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
Technically they're not "moving". What's happening is their MPEG-2/SD locals are going away and HD capable equipment will be required for locals in those markets. For San Francisco most of the HD locals are on 103s TPNs 15, 23 and 24, except for KEMO which is on 99s TPN 15. Sacramento's HD locals are on 99s TPNs 15 and 23.

Technically they're not "moving". What's happening is their MPEG-2/SD locals are going away and HD capable equipment will be required for locals in those markets. For San Francisco most of the HD locals are on 103s TPNs 15, 23 and 24, except for KEMO which is on 99s TPN 15. Sacramento's HD locals are on 99s TPNs 15 and 23.
Thank you, I'm trying to prepare for customers who failed to prepare for this transition.

Thank you, I'm trying to prepare for customers who failed to prepare for this transition.

After it happens please check back with us and let us know how many customers you had to upgrade because despite all the warnings from Directv they were still caught out by it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is curious about how many SD customers remain!

DirecTV Satellite Transponder Updates for Mar 27 2024

Comparison of Transponder Data for Mar 27 2024 vs Mar 20 2024:

No changes in system tables for any transponder tuning parameters.

Stream (PID) counts:

LIVE Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
3​
-1​
HD​
275​
1450​
SD mpeg4
139​
202​
SD mpeg2
373​
-1​
210​
RB​
Audio​
89​
Push​
31​
Slate​
20​
1​
TEST Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
HD​
1​
3​
SD mpeg4
1​
SD mpeg2
RB​
Engr Work​
43​
1​
2​

The PID count Excel workbook provides much more count detail.

Newly updated tables of Streams on each transponder are available in the DataDigesters TPN Grids

More details of changes in individual channels will follow in the Weekly Analysis
and Gary Toma's Domestic TPN Map Excel files
Weekly Analysis soon
Enjoy
DataDigesters

Weekly Analysis for 3/27/2024:

Attachments

• Weekly_Analysis_240327.xlsx
    20.5 KB · Views: 48
In addition to the previously mentioned changes over the week:

More Extra Innings prep. NBA League Pass is temporarily taking over channel 769

683 *COLROC and 694.3 *PADRES are back in test mode, joining 686 *DBACKS

9755 *GIFT (Extra Innings on Us), 9758 *MOVIES (Ultimate package offer) are testing, 9754 GPPLAN (Gemini Protection Plan) has been removed

SportsNet Pittsburgh's alt has been rebranded to SportsNet Pittsburgh Plus

WSLN Rockford is now on its virtual number 19 instead of its RF number 9. WPTA Fort Wayne's NBC and MyNet subchannels now have the correct D2/D3 labels.
Passing along Gracenote's update for KCDODT5 Sterling (Denver)

For whatever reason the old *fuse Puerto Rico Ku Offline test record has been renamed to "ShopHQ HD" (perhaps it's coming soon after space gets freed up when TV Japan and Channel NECO shutdown next week)

After it happens please check back with us and let us know how many customers you had to upgrade because despite all the warnings from Directv they were still caught out by it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is curious about how many SD customers remain!
After over a month of final warnings, The San Francisco and Sacramento SD duplicate locals were removed two weeks ago, being replaced by static slates telling customers to call DIRECTV. These were only visible to people with SD only equipment. The slates were removed from the Guide data on Monday. I doubt any customers were clueless enough to be surprised.