DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 4/24/2024

Mission and White Knight stations are now pointing to a generic “Our contract with this station owner has expired” slate instead of the offline slates.
This same slate is also now seen on Tegna stations instead of the looping video.

DirecTV Satellite Transponder Updates for Dec 27 2023

Comparison of Transponder Data for Dec 27 2023 vs Dec 20 2023:

No changes in system tables for any transponder tuning parameters.

Stream (PID) counts:

LIVE Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
4​
HD​
274​
1​
1382​
SD mpeg4
139​
-1​
193​
SD mpeg2
399​
1​
417​
RB​
Audio​
89​
Push​
31​
Slate​
21​
1​
TEST Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
HD​
1​
15​
SD mpeg4
7​
SD mpeg2
1​
RB​
Engr Work​
66​
-1​
2​

The PID count Excel workbook provides much more count detail.

Newly updated tables of Streams on each transponder are available in the DataDigesters TPN Grids

More details of changes in individual channels will follow in the Weekly Analysis
and Gary Toma's Domestic TPN Map Excel files
30+ Markets get LIL ch dispute slate most HD some SD and HD
Happy New Year
Enjoy
DataDigesters

Weekly Analysis for 12/27/2023:

Attachments

• Weekly_Analysis_231227.xlsx
    13.2 KB · Views: 58
The Mission/White Knight stations are now pointing to the same slates as the Tegna stations

More test NBC National channels added

MSGSNHD moved from D14 to D11

9754/9756 PEACOCK removed, 9759 GEMINI now live

The 2024-2027 must carry/retrans election cycle begins next week, so most of the LIL test channels will likely go live on Monday

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
The 2024-2027 must carry/retrans election cycle begins next week, so most of the LIL test channels will likely go live on Monday
this always struck me as weird bureaucracy (unless I completely misunderstand how it works). Like if a station has the ability to designate itself must carry, why would it NOT elect to be must carry? In which case, why bother going through the song and dance and paperwork of this process?

The major networks charge stations fees to be affiliated with them, which is why Gray was on the verge of losing their NBC affiliations as their previous contract is expiring at the end of the year.

In general only big 4 affiliated stations or ones that have a sister big 4 affiliate opt for retrans consent payments, the rest do free must carry status. But when they neglect to file they end up losing carriage for 3 years. Like about 15 years ago WMBC/63 in NYC didn't file and was dropped from both DIRECTV and DISH for that cycle.

This is one of the reasons for the fiasco involving Detroit's CW affiliation. Nexstar's shell company Mission wanted their purchase of WADL to close before the September 30th filing deadline so they could switch it to retrans consent, but it didn't, so even if they sort out their legal issues with Adell and the sale goes through, it's stuck with free must carry status until 2027.

I noticed this while at my moms on Christmas
They don’t get KARE 11 Minneapolis due to the dispute yet the guide still shows properly. I figured they would switch that guide to something about Tegna pulling the station.

(I’m in Mankato and all our nets are gray owned)

They just gave it the same channel it has had on DIRECTV Stream since 2021
H&I 385 as also on here in the LA Market as well in addition to MeTV's local outlet KVME 20 (Although 385 is the east coast feed).

So I guess this contract agreement with MeTV is different than the one for MeTV on ch. 77 which is blacked-out here and must be viewed on local KAZA 54.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

DirecTV Satellite Transponder Updates for Jan 03 2024

Comparison of Transponder Data for Jan 03 2024 vs Dec 27 2023:

No changes in system tables for any transponder tuning parameters.

Stream (PID) counts:

LIVE Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
4​
HD​
275​
1​
1390​
8​
SD mpeg4
139​
193​
SD mpeg2
396​
-3​
418​
1​
RB​
Audio​
89​
Push​
31​
Slate​
21​
1​
TEST Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
HD​
-1​
7​
-8​
SD mpeg4
7​
SD mpeg2
-1​
RB​
Engr Work​
69​
3​
2​

The PID count Excel workbook provides much more count detail.

Newly updated tables of Streams on each transponder are available in the DataDigesters TPN Grids

More details of changes in individual channels will follow in the Weekly Analysis
and Gary Toma's Domestic TPN Map Excel files

All the NBC info TESTs removed
Santa cleaned up
Weekly Analysis soon
Happy New Year
DataDigesters

Weekly Analysis for 1/03/2024:

Attachments

• Weekly_Analysis_240103.xlsx
    18.6 KB · Views: 51
In addition to the previously mentioned updates over the week and the things doctor J mentioned involving NBC E/W and SANTA:

RIP Stadium College Sports (2001-2023)

CINE 183 has returned as Ku-offline

Targetted offer changes:
9759 GEMINI -> 9750 *PPGEM - Protection Plan Gemini upgrade
9752 GIFT -> 9751 *NEW - Paramount+ with Showtime with information on how you will be able to login to the Paramount+ app with your DTV credentials
9753 DTV PP -> 9755 *PEACOCK - 1/13 Wild Card Game
9756 *GIFT - NBA League Pass on Us

The LIL GPB feeds are now live, along with WTVK/59 Chicago, KTVC/36 Eugene, KBLN/30 Medford, KSQA/22 Topeka

WGBP/66 Opelika now has a mirror for the Atlanta DMA as it's now considered part of both the Atlanta and Columbus DMAs due to its DTS repeater.

WTRF-D2's label was corrected for the Wheeling DMA

LIL Affiliation changes for the new year:
Panama City: WJHG-D2/8 is now MeTV, a remap of CW Plus is now available on 60 (OTA CW+ is now on Nexstar's WMBB/13.2)
Pittsburgh: WPNT/22 is now solely CW, MNT's now OTA on WPNT/22.2
Seattle: KUNS/51 is now CW, KVOS/12 is now Univision, for OTA viewers H&I's west coast feed is on KFFV/44.3 and KVOS/12.8
Sioux Falls: KSFY-D2/14 is now Outlaw, CW's now OTA on KELO/11.4

The rest of the LILs are still in test mode.

Passing along Gracenote's RF updates for WPIXDT4 and WBBMDT2

About those NBC E/W channels, it looks like residential customers can see them?