DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 4/24/2024

Tegna's affiliation agreement with NBC was going to expire at the end of the January, Gray's was going to expire at the end of December. So for both of them the East/West test feeds were just a contingency plan to provide NBC network programming if their affiliation agreements lapsed.

It's also not a coincidence that the stream server killed off the NBC East and West feeds right around the time Tegna's NBC renewal was announced.

Interesting how local KDOC 56 carrying the religious "TCT" channel here in the LA market has recently been removed. With a slide directing viewers to channel 377 for (what I guess) a main national feed of the same programming from what I can tell.

Whereas I would think it should be the other way around with ch. 377 blacked out since it's duplicating local 56.

Since once added, I can't ever remember a local channel being removed from DIRECTV's lineup in this market.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
they did a similar thing in Nashville when WJFB switched to TCT, but then they added it back when they went to MeTV, so the national feed on channel 77 is blacked out in that market to “protect” WJFB

DTV's deal with TCT lets them omit the LIL feeds, and TCT was recently on a buying spree across the country and purchased channels like KDOC LA and WACP Philly.

They have a similar deal with TBN, which is why WTBY/54 in NYC and KTBN/40 in LA aren't carried.

The Showtime -> Paramount+ with Showtime rebrand took effect at 6am ET with no fanfare mid-movie. Only the main Showtime E/W channels on 545 and 546 added Paramount+ to their branding, the rest of the Showtime channels along with TMC and FLIX are keeping their existing names and logos.

Unfortunately the linking to the Paramount+ app wasn't ready for day 1, so for now the Paramount+ selections are limited to Halo, Star Trek Discovery, Joe Pickett, Mayor of Kingstown, Why Women Kill and Wolf Pack via channel 1545:
Soon, you’ll be able to watch even more Paramount+ originals like 1883 and 1923, blockbuster movies like Top Gun: Maverick and action-packed live sports with the Paramount+ with SHOWTIME plan on Paramount+ app at no additional charge!

Check back to get updates.

• Wow
Hey, a question. ...

I'm currently paying $11.99/mo. already for Paramount+ on our andriod/IOS streaming devices. Is this now (or will be) called "Showtime with Paramount+" too?

And on the DIRECTV account, which is in my brother's name. We have Showtime added ala cart for $12.99/mo., which is now called "Showtime with Paramount÷" as well?

So should I cancel my old $11.99/mo. streaming plan and just use my DIRECTV provider login credentials for our streaming devices?

Or is DIRECTV's version of Showtime with Paramount+ only for satellite, streaming, and VOD distribution on their receivers?

Thanks, ....

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Once provider authentication is enabled, you'll be able to link your DIRECTV credentials to your Paramount+ account like you can do with the MAX, Starz and MGM+ apps if you subscribe to those channels.

DirecTV Satellite Transponder Updates for Jan 10 2024

Comparison of Transponder Data for Jan 10 2024 vs Jan 03 2024:

No changes in system tables for any transponder tuning parameters.

Stream (PID) counts:

LIVE Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
4​
HD​
275​
1383​
-7​
SD mpeg4
139​
193​
SD mpeg2
397​
1​
413​
-5​
RB​
Audio​
89​
Push​
31​
Slate​
21​
1​
TEST Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
HD​
7​
SD mpeg4
7​
SD mpeg2
RB​
Engr Work​
68​
-1​
2​

The PID count Excel workbook provides much more count detail.

Newly updated tables of Streams on each transponder are available in the DataDigesters TPN Grids

More details of changes in individual channels will follow in the Weekly Analysis
and Gary Toma's Domestic TPN Map Excel files

12 LIL channels in 7 MKTs switched to info alert TCT related I believe
Weekly analysis soon
Enjoy
DataDigesters

Weekly Analysis for 1/10/2024:

Attachments

• Weekly_Analysis_240110.xlsx
    14.3 KB · Views: 74
In addition to the Paramount+ with Showtime rebrand and the previously mentioned affiliation changes in Sioux Falls and Panama City

The TCT O&Os have been removed from Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, LA, Philly, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Seattle

Birmingham, Houston, Seattle and DC now have SD local removal INFO channels

9757 PPGEM (Protection Plan Gemini offer) is now live

Passing along Gracenote's RF correction for WBBMDT2

Do you know if they still temporarily make DNS feeds available to customers whose local stations are off the air? WOLF/56 has been off the air since early last night (just showing a black screen) and I'm not sure if that means we can, in the interim, tune to 398 to see FOX programming.

No they don't. Everything from Penobscot except WNEP/WVIA went off air at around 7pm when the storm knocked out power at Penobscot. WBRE/WYOU returned to air around 11pm when it was safe enough for their engineer to get up there to turn on a backup generator, while WOLF (and WQMY via 56.3) returned about an hour ago when power was restored. WSWB and WQPX come from Bald Mountain so they weren't affected by the outage.

On a side note, for obvious reasons, outside of a special 7pm newscast, 457 TC International has been off air since yesterday afternoon with a "We will be back soon" graphic on screen.

I got the "Act Fast! You will lose your local channels soon!" on 39-9. A quick background...I live in York, PA, but I "moved" to a Philly suburb in 2018 for the Philly locals. What does this mean for me? I know from reading on these boards that they require a truck roll now when someone "moves", so I haven't changed them in 5 years. Will I have to "move" to my regular address? I'd rather not, but I'll do what I have to do...

I got the "Act Fast! You will lose your local channels soon!" on 39-9. A quick background...I live in York, PA, but I "moved" to a Philly suburb in 2018 for the Philly locals. What does this mean for me? I know from reading on these boards that they require a truck roll now when someone "moves", so I haven't changed them in 5 years. Will I have to "move" to my regular address? I'd rather not, but I'll do what I have to do...
If you see that message, it would indicate that you have at least one SD only receiver, and possibly a SD only dish. In the next few months you will be losing your SD local channels. The tech will need to come to your home, replace the SD-only receiver(s) with HD capable ones and probably install a slimline SWM dish that can access the satellites at 99, 101 and 103 degrees. This is not a DIY project. You might be better off signing up as a new customer at your "new" location, since that would cause less questions. A new account will trigger a new 2 year contract commitment, but just getting the new equipment on your old account could do that.

If you see that message, it would indicate that you have at least one SD only receiver, and possibly a SD only dish. In the next few months you will be losing your SD local channels. The tech will need to come to your home, replace the SD-only receiver(s) with HD capable ones and probably install a slimline SWM dish that can access the satellites at 99, 101 and 103 degrees. This is not a DIY project. You might be better off signing up as a new customer at your "new" location, since that would cause less questions. A new account will trigger a new 2 year contract commitment, but just getting the new equipment on your old account could do that.
First, thanks for your reply! This is interesting, because I have three receivers, and they're all HD. None are SD only. One is capable of 4K and the other two aren't. The physical dish I have was when I actually really DID move my service to York in 2018.

If all that's happening is that I'm losing the Philly SD locals (to which I never watch the SD ones anyway), based on what you said I think I might be ok leaving things as they are. As long as I don't have to get another dish because the HD locals are moving to a different satellite, I think I'm good. I think. :)

Looks like Tegna stations have come back online!
IMG_5309.jpeg

Reactions: Tom Speer and mikew