DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 4/24/2024

No, Toonami will still be post midnight. They're just adding extra encores of their original shows in the 6pm block.

Weigel doesn't negotiate on behalf of its 3rd party affiliates, it's up to the station owner to opt for free must carry status or negotiate carriage if they opted for retrans consent payments.

Looking back, KMYA was dropped in June 2019, but no ALERT/INFO channel ever went up explaining why. According to their FCC filings, they spent most of the repack on an interim 10 kW facility and didn't return to full power until 2022, so it might have been because DIRECTV's local receive facility couldn't get their signal anymore.

Reactions: Gary Toma
so it might have been because DIRECTV's local receive facility couldn't get their signal anymore
So they could have just put up an info/ALERT channel reading something like “Due to DirecTV technical limitations, KMYA is no longer available”. And i doubt they’d bother to make and put up a slide explaining so on the channel, so they could have had it in guide data and display Ku offline slate when tuned in

Weigel doesn't negotiate on behalf of its 3rd party affiliates, it's up to the station owner to opt for free must carry status or negotiate carriage if they opted for retrans consent payments.

Looking back, KMYA was dropped in June 2019, but no ALERT/INFO channel ever went up explaining why. According to their FCC filings, they spent most of the repack on an interim 10 kW facility and didn't return to full power until 2022, so it might have been because DIRECTV's local receive facility couldn't get their signal anymore.
Couldn’t they have tried obtaining it from Sheridan translator KMYA-LD? RabbitEars says it transmits at 15 kW, just above the 10 kW that interim facility KMYA TV used.

Whoa!!!!! Wish I could check that out! But they’ll definitely have it fixed when I get back (I leave Myrtle Beach on the 19th yet won’t be back at my home up in PA until the 25th as I usually stay at a hotel up not far away from my home following a vacation)

Last edited:
KMYA/49 is now live, but in a major oops, they forgot to limit its HD feed to Little Rock's market 112, so everyone sees it in their guide with either a 771 searching for sat signal or 727 not available in your area message.
It’s even showing on the online guide as well

Attachments

• IMG_4109.png
    IMG_4109.png
    177.6 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: Nate.O’Brien
In DMAs I’ve been to in the past that have a local channel 49 (Harrisburg for example), it’s also showing there as a duplicate.

Attachments

• IMG_4111.png
    IMG_4111.png
    185.3 KB · Views: 63
KMYA/49 is now live, but in a major oops, they forgot to limit its HD feed to Little Rock's market 112, so everyone sees it in their guide with either a 771 searching for sat signal or 727 not available in your area message.
I don’t think such situation has happened with a local channel addition before, has it?

Yes, this has happened before. A case like this generates 771 reports from all over the country.

If you check out the 6/14/23 TPN Map, note that the *Test record for KMYA/49 HD does not have the market 112 number delimiter assigned. That small omission made it a ‘50-States’ channel which is then included in all Guides instead of the just the Guide for Market 112.

As KyL416 pointed out, “Oops”!

Yes, this has happened before. A case like this generates 771 reports from all over the country.

If you check out the 6/14/23 TPN Map, note that the *Test record for KMYA/49 HD does not have the market 112 number delimiter assigned. That small omission made it a ‘50-States’ channel which is then included in all Guides instead of the just the Guide for Market 112.

As Kyl416 pointed out, “Oops”!
Ironically enough, the signal for another Little Rock station, KATV/7, was once received as north as Connecticut!
On July 6, 2004, a spectacular intense high MUF Sporadic-E opening allowed Mike Bugaj to receive KATV in Enfield, Connecticut, 1,176 miles (1,893 km) from Little Rock.

New logos were added to the server yesterday and they are already live:
105 LIVE4K is now pointing to logo_id 545
106 LIVE4K2 is now pointing to logo_id 546 (previously used for Fuse's first logo)
323 FETV is now pointing to logo_id 266 (previously used for TEN Juicy)

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
Unless DirecTV’s servers are on some kind of delay with the APG data stream, you’re wrong.
106 and 323 on the online guide both just have the DirecTV logo (logo_id 0)
They just went down a couple minutes ago (Access Denied error) so they’re likely fixing that.
EDIT: 323 now has the new FETV logo id 266 on the online guide after that “outage”. 106 still has the DirecTV logo id 0.

you’re wrong.
The online guide is NOT a 100% match for the APG data, and things frequently change, so just because something wasn't there when you checked this morning doesn't mean "I'm wrong" and it wasn't there overnight when I checked.

i.e. In the APG data CMT SD (943), SBNHD (278), ACCUHD (184), COMTVH (134), NTEL (487), ZooMoo (39), BDMX (478), DEPE (436), NVTV (315), EWTNES (196), the SNYs (72), the MASNs (786), RAI (328), NECOHD (201) all have their actual logo_ids, while the website's data has them all mapped to chLogoId 0

They just went down a couple minutes ago (Access Denied error) so they’re likely fixing that.
It didn't go down, the site has Akamai flood protection enabled, and because of how horribly coded it is, your IP address can easily get blacklisted for a few minutes if you scroll the guide too fast because you flood their server with rapid requests.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
Dear god no, that "new and improved guide" is even worse. It isn't linked to the APG data at all, at random many channels will just say "no data available", it doesn't include PPV/Adult, Music Choice, out of market sports package channels at all (so you wouldn't be able to order PPV events online so they can appear on all of your receivers instead of only the receiver you ordered it on if you do it by remote), it doesn't show channels that it incorrectly thinks are not part of your package (Bounce, Grit), it treats most sports program as events and lists them by their episode/event title instead of the actual program title, the VOD library is not in sync at all with satellite, so it could be several days before you can tell your receiver to download a recent episode remotely.