DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 5/1/2024

Several Nexstar stations started carrying it in September 2021 after their contracts for the Katz/Scripps diginets expired, but they dropped it last October. In our market only Bounce and Grit left Nexstar for the Ion station, and they replaced them with Twist and Rewind.
Most of the stations that carried it are from the Media General sale, including WAVY, except WDVM and WHO.

Maybe with all the schools leaving PAC-12 for the Big 10 and Big 12, DirecTV may try renegotiating for them soon, if they'll even still have a network by 2024!

DirecTV Satellite Transponder Updates for Aug 09 2023

Comparison of Transponder Data for Aug 09 2023 vs Aug 02 2023:

No changes in system tables for any transponder tuning parameters.

Stream (PID) counts:

LIVE Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
4​
-1​
HD​
273​
-5​
1289​
SD mpeg4
140​
184​
SD mpeg2
375​
410​
RB​
Audio​
89​
Push​
31​
Slate​
21​
1​
TEST Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
HD​
SD mpeg4
SD mpeg2
RB​
Engr Work​
51​
-1​

The PID count Excel workbook provides much more count detail.

Newly updated tables of Streams on each transponder are available in the DataDigesters TPN Grids

More details of changes in individual channels will follow in the Weekly Analysis
and Gary Toma's Domestic TPN Map Excel files

Weekly Analysis soon
18 *TEST channels removed ??
A few LILs removed
Others may explain soon
Enjoy Stay Safe
DataDigesters

Weekly Analysis for 8/9/2023 :

Attachments

• Weekly_Analysis_230809.xlsx
    14.5 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: Gary Toma
In addition to the private network broadcasts moving to the 9700s:

Several of the EverPass Sunday Ticket channels are now in test mode in the 9550s, while the previous residential Sunday Ticket test records on 9705-9724 have been removed, and some of Puerto Rico's Sunday Ticket channels were put into test mode.

9750 BEAM (Protection Plan) and 9758 *GIFT (Sports Pack on Us) were removed, 9755 *SPORTS (Sports Pack Upgrade) was added

CINEHD 158,159,160,162 were removed

Cleanup of a bunch of test slides in the 9000s

Correcting the KPTM D2/D3 entries for Omaha, subchannel relables hit Yuma.
Removal of the duplicate records of KCNC and KUSA for Denver and the out of market KTXA records for Wichita Falls.

Several of the EverPass Sunday Ticket channels are now in test mode in the 9550s
It’s not exactly several, it’s just 2 SD and 2 HD versions in test on 9554 and 9555, both SD/HD.
subchannel relables hit Yuma.
Only KECY’s ABC and CW channels on 10 and 12 were renamed, they have yet to rename channel 11 from NBC to KYMA-D2.
Also, we now know what PTNW channels were moved to where:
9550->9700
9559->9701
9542->9703
9543->9704
9544->9705
9548->9706 HD
9545->9706 SD
9556->9707
9549->9708
9547->9709

What’s worth noting is that the descriptions for the EverPass ST Business channels that are in test don’t even mention EverPass. But they are also pointing to logo_id 634, whose logo_asset might get updated to the EP ST logo from the DTV ST logo before they go live.
If I can’t provide all the changes, I can at least provide some form of clarification. :)

Others may explain soon
I really hate to be like this, but I'm not so sure "others" are explaining anymore. So far it's always been Kyl416! The only week I got to explain what changed ever since we went to here from edgecutter was the week of 230426, and that was just a copy of what I said on edgecutter! (as the analyses get sent out in the morning and the announcement of the move was sent out later that evening)

DirecTVFanSince2016

Unclear as to what your complaint is.
Kyle416 IS my other.
The DataDigester team has evolved over almost 2 decades and is a multi-talented group where each provides a unique skill set to the study of Directv Data streams. It is predictable and reliable.
If you are not happy with my reports I'll be more than willing to STOP collecting the Data and let you explain everything!
Doctor j

Reactions: David Ortiz
I wasn’t looking for a response like that. I am happy with your reports, and I’ve even sent some of them in the past to a friend of mine that also has D* (but he's not on this forum). I just think you should mean it when you say others can explain what has changed over the past week. I kind of don’t deserve to be saying all this, especially since I only live a half hour away from Kyl and I also have shared some of his takes on what's changed every week to my friend as well.
I am sorry if this is causing any trouble/stress for the Data Digesters, whether it be Dr. J, Gary, Tom, or Kyl, but I'm just expressing my opinions, and I'm also just as interested in this type of stuff as them.

Last edited:
DirecTVFanSince2016:

You are not causing any stress. But you seem very stressed. And like Doctor j, I am not sure what your problem is.

Tom Speer, Doctor j, KyL416 and I have been working together for quite a while. I am comfortable that the information we provide is fully accurate and unbiased. In my experience, KyL416’s contribution to our team is unique, providing depth and insight that is compelling. He brings background information and skills that help give meaning to data and issues that would otherwise not be noticed.

If you are not pleased with KyL416’s input, I am sorry. If you wish KyL416 to be removed, I am sorry, that will not happen either. From my perspective, KyL416 is doing exactly what we want him to do, what we hoped he would do - and he is doing it superbly.

If you have insight to offer and contributions to make, please do so. That is the whole idea behind a forum such as this.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
Thanks. That is a response I was more hoping to see. I do appreciate the info that you, Tom, Dr. J, and Kyl provide, old or current. But no where have I ever stated on either the old edgecutter forums, here, or even DBSTalk that I'm not pleased with his input nor did I ever state that I want him to be removed.
Plus, I live about 30 miles northeast of his town here in PA (and have been as close as 3 miles south of it during my past vacations to the Pocono Mountains in July 2019 and January 2020), so I would never even say anything like that at all, let alone someone that close to me geographically!

DirecTVFanSince2016:

Please understand that this is not a competition. In your desire to post analysis here, it does not help to post stuff that is obvious from reading the weekly analysis spreadsheet, like the channel number changes to the PTNW channels, or to nitpick whether 4 channels in test is several or not.

The Weekly Analysis spreadsheet is completely automated, as are the weekly transponder grids and pidcount spreadsheets. Doctor J posts those results as soon as he can run the data collection, verify it's validity, and copy the various spreadsheets and reports to the forum. Kyl416 has always been able to digest this data and bring meaningful insight into the data, based on his experience and knowledge. Gary takes the data and creates the transponder maps later in the day. I mostly sit back and watch, primarily looking for bugs or possible improvements in the software that I wrote and Doctor J runs to produce all of the spreadsheets and reports. Sometimes I fill in for Doctor J when he is unable to do his weekly run, but that hasn't happened much lately.

I don't usually make other comments here because unless I can provide some information that is not obvious in the reports and has not already been posted, I have nothing to contribute.

it does not help to post stuff that is obvious from reading the weekly analysis spreadsheet, like the channel number changes to the PTNW channels, or to nitpick whether 4 channels in test is several or not.
What if the thread reader doesn't wanna see the analysis sheet and would rather see my or kyl's descriptions of what changed?

Reactions: Nominal
The descriptions for the PVN channels on 9703 and 9704 still have their old numbers of 9542 and 9543.

Attachments

• IMG_0033.jpeg
    IMG_0033.jpeg
    376.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0034.jpeg
    IMG_0034.jpeg
    411.2 KB · Views: 43
What if the thread reader doesn't wanna see the analysis sheet and would rather see my or kyl's descriptions of what changed?
It seems to me that a spreadsheet is the best way to present this type of information. I could just as easily put it all in a text file, or perhaps with more difficulty use one of the chatbots to format it into english sentences.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016