DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 5/1/2024

Nothing much new to report since Sunday's grab besides VISION moving to the TPN slot formerly occupied by Audience SD, 9753 FOMO being replaced by 9757 OFFER and the previously mentioned Monumental rebrand.

It is shown correctly as HD in the TPN Grids, based on the Toc fields.
I just took a look at the TPN Grid and the Nexstar dispute slate (identified as NewsNation on the grid, which also happens to be on 99cb just like MeTV) is incorrectly MPEG4-SD (Ch# in green):
1694666476137.png

Reactions: Gary Toma
I just took a look at the TPN Grid and the Nexstar dispute slate (identified as NewsNation on the grid, which also happens to be on 99cb just like MeTV) is incorrectly MPEG4-SD (Ch# in green):
View attachment 165127
You may have found a flaw in the logic of the analysis phase 0f our Capture4 program. But I am not sure. The T0C field just tells us that the digital stram is Mpeg4. It doesn't tell us whether it is SD or HD. The problem is classifying a single digital stream on a specific PID to be HD or SD based on all of the channels assigned to that digital stream. In this case, there are a lot of channels that are explicitly labelled as SD. Since my receiver upconverts everything, I have trouble distinguishing those slides.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
Some of the Nexstar dispute stations mapped to that slate used to be A3 SD though when they were on their spotbeam TPNs (ex. WNAC's CW sub-channel)
Many of them were SD. Changing the logic would create havoc for the classification of many other local channels. I won't code a specific exception for this dispute slide, which may or may not be in HD. It is a small problem.

I can tell the difference between an HD and SD feed (upscaled or not), and the Nexstar slate is definitely HD. There is already an SD slate on 101 national beam, used by all Nexstar SD locals no matter if they were on 101 spotbeam or 119 before the dispute.

The assumption is made that any Mpeg4 PID stream is HD, unless it is specifically labelled as SD. If any chennel assigned to that PID is labelled as SD, then the PID is classified as SD. That works for almost every other PID stream. Consider this a footnote to the TPNGrid: The Nexstar dispute slide on Net 10 (T11@99W), TID 135, PID 1060 is probably misclassified as Mpeg4 SD.

I’m guessing they might rename ATTSN Southwest to something like SportsNet Southwest or Houston SportsNet and keep Root Sports’ name unchanged since it’s been the only channel to keep the name after they rebranded all the others to ATTSN from Root Sports back in July 2017.
Per here, the Rockets filed a trademark for the name "Space City Home Network". That may be the new name for ATTSNSW:

In addition to the Nexstar owned stations going live, they finally updated the entry for KARZ's Shreveport DMA mirror to reflect their 2009 callsign change, but they also reverted the callsign for WTRF's MNT subchannel.

Targetted Offer channel updates:
9750 *DTV PP (Protection Plan Offer) - Replacing 9755 GIFT ($200 off Sunday Ticket)
9752 *MORE (Choice Upgrade Offer) - Replacing 9757 OFFER (Showtime for $1.99 a month)

1212 NFL Network On Demand is now live

Tweaks to the names of POP TV, Crime + Investigation, Mega TV, HBO2 and ShortsTV

After having their shadow records in test mode since the week of 7/6/22, they finally moved the 99ca TPN 19 channels to 99cb TPN 13 (DFCHD, ACCNHD, FDTVHD, SBSHD, UKIDSH)