DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 5/1/2024

314/86 VALU might be going away tomorrow to prep for Family Movie Classics going live. It's the only infomercial channel in the guide that still has generic Paid Programming listings starting Monday at 6am ET, and usually the following week's programs are filled in by Thursday evening.
It’s still on, with the generic listings.

Attachments

• IMG_1046.jpeg
    IMG_1046.jpeg
    181.1 KB · Views: 43
Outdoor Channel, MLB Strike Zone and the out of market Bally RSNs are now available for streaming on the app. I need someone who isn't in territory with sports pack to confirm if "YESOM" is available.

That looks to be a Gracenote call sign, short for “(YES) (O)ut-of-(M)arket”. Like how in your thumbnail screenshots there were two Bally West screenshots with the file names FSWOM “(F)ox (S)ports (W)est (O)ut-of-(M)arket” and FSWHD1 “(F)ox (S)ports (W)est (HD) Zone (1)”

Outdoor Channel, MLB Strike Zone and the out of market Bally RSNs are now available for streaming on the app. I need someone who isn't in territory with sports pack to confirm if "YESOM" is available.
How does that work? I have MLBEI and I'm in CA and I don't have the Sports Pack. I always use 631 to watch Yankee games that YES carries, as the feed is open during the game and I don't like searching the MLBEI channels for the Yankee home broadcast channel. If I had the Sports Pack and did not have MLBEI would I get YESOM on 631 instead of the YES with the Yankee game?

Nothing is changing for satellite, this only applies to streaming via the app and online. On satellite EI is mostly remaps of RSNs (and repurposed CINEHD channels for part time and non-carried channels), so the corresponding RSNs in the 600s get opened up for you during games, while non-EI subscribers with Sports Pack get a call to subscribe message during games.

On the app, if "YESOM" is available and you selected 631, with sports pack you would see filler like Tennis, Beach Volleyball, NASCAR Rewind or Poker instead of the Yankees, Nets and Liberty games. You will still be able to watch the pregame and postgame coverage along with the Michael Kay Show, and classic games from previous seasons are available.

Only the Bally RSNs and YES have their localized feeds on the app. The rest of the RSNs use the same streams nationwide, but have blackouts during games, so even if you subscribe to Extra Innings + Sports Pack, you still have to use MLB.TV to stream the out of market games.

That looks to be a Gracenote call sign, short for “(YES) (O)ut-of-(M)arket”. Like how in your thumbnail screenshots there were two Bally West screenshots with the file names FSWOM “(F)ox (S)ports (W)est (O)ut-of-(M)arket” and FSWHD1 “(F)ox (S)ports (W)est (HD) Zone (1)”
They're not all matches for Gracenote call signs.

Like for YES's out of market feeds Gracenote uses "YESNAT" for SD and "YESNATD" for HD. The Bally RSN streams mostly match their FSN era gracenote callsigns, but there are some variations, like Gracenote used "FSWHD" and not "FSWHD1"

They're not all matches for Gracenote call signs.

Like for YES's out of market feeds Gracenote uses "YESNAT" for SD and "YESNATD" for HD. The Bally RSN streams mostly match their FSN era gracenote callsigns, but there are some variations, like Gracenote used "FSWHD" and not "FSWHD1"
On some Zap2It lineups I've also seen a "YESNTBO" channel which to me would mean it's an out-of-market Yes channel but blacked out completely during games instead of using filler.

Did some searching and that "Bally Sports Alt 8" screen appeared for YES app users who tried watching a Yankees game also being played on April 20th, the same date also seen on the YES2HD-1800 slate here

It indicated the audio channel tests, every few seconds it would alternate betwen LT/RT

Attachments

• REDS-LT.jpg
    REDS-LT.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 49
  • REDS-RT.jpg
    REDS-RT.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 43
I only spotted slides for Padres, Reds, Diamondbacks and Twins. As of tonight, nothing for the Guardians or Rangers.

Also, going thorugh the thumbnails, Pioneer PBS (KWCM Appleton for the Minneapolis DMA and KSMN Worthington for the Sioux Falls DMA) have been dead air since May 10th at around 10:06am CT when the fiberlink to their transmitter was severed by construction equipment. Luckily both DMAs have additional PBS outlets via TPT and Lakeland PBS for Minneapolis and South Dakota PBS for Sioux Falls.

Attachments

• KSMN-230510T150630Z.jpg
    KSMN-230510T150630Z.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 48
  • KSMN-230510T150636Z.jpg
    KSMN-230510T150636Z.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 52
  • KWCM-230510T150630Z.jpg
    KWCM-230510T150630Z.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 39
  • KWCM-230510T150636Z.jpg
    KWCM-230510T150636Z.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: Gary Toma
Not really a don't call us slide, but they do insert a graphic when there's reception issues with the feed. Like this is what WBRE's stream had when an overnight storm temporarily knocked them off air for a few hours on 4/30:

Attachments

• WBRE-0430.jpg
    WBRE-0430.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 45
That looks to be coming off the stream itself, not app/site-generated.
I would hope KSMN/KWCM brings up an app/site-generated slide if I lived in their area and tried tuning in to it. I wouldn't want to stare at a black screen, cause I never what'll happen when there's a black screen!

This thumbnail server seems really interesting. Wish I could access it and possibly look at the last moments of WYOU before going to the dispute slide (like what you had there with the last moments of Pioneer PBS)

I found WYOU's takedown, the stream was replaced with a slate shortly after 3:25pm. WXXA Albany took a little longer, it was replaced shortly after 3:27pm

Attachments

• WYOU-221021T192530Z.jpg
    WYOU-221021T192530Z.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 57
  • WYOU-221021T192536Z.jpg
    WYOU-221021T192536Z.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 54
  • WXXA-221021T192742Z.jpg
    WXXA-221021T192742Z.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 49
  • WXXA-221021T192748Z.jpg
    WXXA-221021T192748Z.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 49
Channels 701-704, which were the last remnants of residential Sunday Ticket, are now gone.