DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 5/1/2024

A new multi-year agreement with Nexstar was reached, see here.
Edit: However, NewsNation is still not available for streaming via the app, but it might be come next week like what happened with NewsMax back in March.
Edit2: NN's website still has a banner about them being removed, they might remove it later today though:
Edit3: The banner has been removed.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-18 11.29.13 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-18 11.29.13 AM.png
    392 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Reactions: Nate.O’Brien
Per here, the Rockets filed a trademark for the name "Space City Home Network". That may be the new name for ATTSNSW:
Space City Home Network??

A new multi-year agreement with Nexstar was reached, see here.
Edit: However, NewsNation is still not available for streaming via the app, but it might be come next week like what happened with NewsMax back in March.
Edit2: NN's website still has a banner about them being removed, they might remove it later today though:
This thread is about programs on the satellites, but you probably should shutdown and restart whatever you are using for streaming to reset tht newsmax feed.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
DirecTV Satellite Transponder Updates for Sep 20 2023

Comparison of Transponder Data for Sep 20 2023 vs Sep 13 2023:

No changes in system tables for any transponder tuning parameters.

Changes to the use of defined transponders:

1 Transponder cleared of all Streams::
Net 10 TID 18 Beam NAT + PR is a National Transponder on T14@99ca, TPN 19

Stream (PID) counts:

LIVE Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
4​
HD​
274​
1​
1446​
156​
SD mpeg4
140​
197​
14​
SD mpeg2
401​
23​
440​
30​
RB​
Audio​
89​
Push​
31​
Slate​
21​
1​
TEST Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
HD​
SD mpeg4
SD mpeg2
RB​
Engr Work​
46​
-3​
2​

The PID count Excel workbook provides much more count detail.

Newly updated tables of Streams on each transponder are available in the DataDigesters TPN Grids

More details of changes in individual channels will follow in the Weekly Analysis
and Gary Toma's Domestic TPN Map Excel files

These comparisons are to last Wednesday and include all of the restored Nexstar stations.

Please Note that the data for all of this comes from APG (Guide Data), which still includes the SD duplicates for Charleston, WV and Louisville KY on T8@119 TPN 32. That transponder is no longer carrying any video or audio PIDs. Gary has promised to adjust the TPN maps accordingly, and I will work on the Capture4 program which produces the morning analysis files this week, I hope.

Last edited:
Nothing much has changed since Monday's grab except for the removal of WGHP Greensboro from the Raleigh DMA, restoring KARK Little Rock to the Shreveport DMA, and the removal of 9755 GIFT ($200 Off Sunday Ticket) and 9757 OFFER (Showtime discount), along with some remappings for San Diego's MPEG4/SD locals.

A Willow HD coming 10/3 slate is now live on channel 625 for satellite customers, repurposing Slide Test SD 9402. For Business customers there's a duplicate on channel 9540

Another "Looking for NFL Sunday Ticket?" slate will be on channel 9100 this weekend, repurposing CINE 176/Test Slide Channel 9222. (Last used for the Nexstar dispute video loop in July)

A Willow HD coming 10/3 slate is now live on channel 625 for satellite customers, repurposing Slide Test SD 9402. For Business customers there's a duplicate on channel 9540

Another "Looking for NFL Sunday Ticket?" slate will be on channel 9100 this weekend, repurposing CINE 176/Test Slide Channel 9222. (Last used for the Nexstar dispute video loop in July)
I just wonder if having Willow will mean Cricket matches on ESPN+ for Business will no longer be needed

Yesterday, they filed for a confidential license extension for T9S extending 6 months to July 2024.
A similar confidential filing was made two years ago exte nding to the end of 2023.
Thank you for catching that (FCC file SAT-AMD-20230808-00193) . Only a portion of the application was redacted (competitive information). If the extension is not granted, DirecTV will have to eliminate all SD local channels on the spotbeams on D9S@101 By December 17, 2023. The redacted application as filed does not say this, but that will be a bit of a challenge, IMHO. If the application is granted, they have until July 31, 2024.

The interesting thing I learned from the application is that D9S has been operating in an inclined orbit, in order to conserve fuel. I'm not sure how that is done with spot beams. I would think that the DMAs invalved must be near the center of the spot beam footprints, but I have not checked that.

And they called it D9S in the application, not T9S.

Interesting news about D9S. Sounds like it is reaching the end of fuel life, and while it appears they'll be able to squeeze another six months out of it the end is nigh for most/all MPEG2 SD locals.

Theoretically they could do something similar to what they did at 119 to deliver a limited number of local markets from 101 but maybe the retirement of D9S will be the point where they shut them all off?