DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 5/1/2024

I definitely think that is what may happen. I don't think they even have enough room to put a whole set of local channels for any of the remaining DMAs that have 101 SD locals on T16.
Sure they could. After D9S is gone, they will have 6 transponders on D16 they can fire up as National Transponders to carry the most problematic DMAs. Those would be the ones with the most commercial and MDU (apartments) with SD only equipment (Big cities). Using all 6 TPNs, they can handle 84 SD signals. That requires shutting down SD duplicates for a lot of DMAs, but some could survive with SD locals. That is what they did with the retirement of D7S at 119. I hope they shut down all SD duplicates of local channels, but business decisions may dictate otherwise. I expect SD duplicate locals to continue for New York City and Los Angeles, at a minimum. The weekly updates are about to get more interesting.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
The weekly updates are about to get more interesting.
I think they sure are! The last time I think that we’ve had anything “interesting” happen was some of the SD shutdowns they did in October and November last year. I do also think that the NewsMax and First TV shenanigans from back in January and March, and the removal of some of the Bally Sports Extra channels and adding team-specific game channels (SD & ARI MLB teams, to be specific) were kind of interesting in themselves too. Disputes sort of interest me, but it quickly gets boring because I’ve found it’s pretty much the same routine every time, all they do is just add INFO channels, then remove those and switch all the stations from local to national transponders.
Okay, I may have gone off the rails with that response. But I am just stating my opinions.

DirecTV Satellite Transponder Updates for Sep 27 2023

Comparison of Transponder Data for Sep 27 2023 vs Sep 20 2023:

No changes in system tables for any transponder tuning parameters.

Changes to the use of defined transponders:

1 Previously unused Transponder with current APG records::
Net 10 TID 18 Beam NAT + PR is a National Transponder on T14@99ca, TPN 19

Stream (PID) counts:

LIVE Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
4​
HD​
274​
1446​
SD mpeg4
140​
197​
SD mpeg2
404​
3​
440​
RB​
Audio​
89​
Push​
31​
Slate​
21​
1​
TEST Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
HD​
1​
1​
SD mpeg4
SD mpeg2
RB​
Engr Work​
50​
4​
2​

The PID count Excel workbook provides much more count detail.

Newly updated tables of Streams on each transponder are available in the DataDigesters TPN Grids

More details of changes in individual channels will follow in the Weekly Analysis
and Gary Toma's Domestic TPN Map Excel files
Recent FCC filings show Directv going back to D1x names from T1x for satellites.
We are working onchanging all SAT names for reports
DataDigesters

Weekly Analysis for 9/27/2023:

Attachments

• Weekly_Analysis_230927.xlsx
    16.9 KB · Views: 60
625 Willow HD and part time 626 Willow Xtra are in test mode (Willow HD will be using the TPN slot last used by CANAL+ International from the defunct French package)

1941 BET Plus is now available as a SVOD service

The targetted 9750 DTV PP (Protection Plan Offer) and 9752 MORE (Choice Upgrade Offer) are now live

getTV -> GET rebrand

Subchannel relabels hit Eureka, individual logos were added for CBS's former CW stations

NHL Center Ice prep

Some rebalancing of D11, and copies of the D12/103ca TPN 12 channels are now on D14/99ca TPN 19 (Justice Central, Starz Comedy, Showtime FamilyZone, RFD, Revolt, GodTV, KBS America)

May be off topic, but what satellite will DirecTV have to get the Canadian sports channels off of to supply TSN/RogersSN team feeds on NHL CI, MLB EX, and NBA LP once Anik F2 reaches its end-of-life?

Most feeds these days are also available to cable and sat providers via fiber or IP delivery, especially now that C-Band lost several transponders to 5G. Even iNDemand is dropping the satellite feeds of their 14 GAME (Extra Innings/Center Ice) and 10 TEAM (League Pass) channels in favor of fiber/IP only delivery.

iNDemand's GAME and TEAM feeds have only been delivered to providers in HD for several years, so the switch from sat to fiber/IP won't change anything for the systems that are still only providing their customers SD downconverts because of bandwidth limitations.

The deal for the Bally Sports RSNs was renewed, but only under a short-term (Likely one year) agreement:
Unsure if deal includes YES and/or Marquee.

Last edited:
Willow Xtra is in the guide for business customers on channel 9541
626 for residential customers is still in test mode.
9541 is showing the offline slate, instead of the “Willow Xtra coming on 10/3” slate.

Last edited: