DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 4/24/2024

Dr. Phil forgot to tell them about the midnight ET launch, so we missed out on the countdown, launch video and the first 6 hours of programming. The network doesn't provide an E/I block, so WMBC in NYC pre-empts 6am-8am on weekdays and 6am-9am on weekends for E/I, public affairs and their remaining brokered programming.

DirecTV Satellite Transponder Updates for Apr 03 2024

Comparison of Transponder Data for Apr 03 2024 vs Mar 27 2024:

No changes in system tables for any transponder tuning parameters.

Changes to the use of defined transponders:

4 Transponders cleared of all Streams::
Net 0 TID 11 Beam CB12 is a Spot Beam Transponder on D9S@101, TPN 12
On 03/27/24 this transponder serves DMA 134-New York, NY
Net 0 TID 11 Beam CB16 is a Spot Beam Transponder on D9S@101, TPN 12
On 03/27/24 this transponder serves DMA 125-Minneapolis, MN
Net 0 TID 17 Beam BB11 is a Spot Beam Transponder on D9S@101, TPN 18
On 03/27/24 this transponder serves DMA 113-Los Angeles, CA
Net 0 TID 25 Beam BB23 is a Spot Beam Transponder on D9S@101, TPN 26
On 03/27/24 this transponder serves DMA 39-Chicago, IL

1 Previously unused Transponder with current APG records::
Net 0 TID 3 Beam NAT + PR is a National Transponder on D16@101, TPN 4

Stream (PID) counts:

LIVE Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
4​
1​
HD​
275​
1450​
SD mpeg4
140​
1​
202​
SD mpeg2
383​
10​
200​
-10​
RB​
Audio​
89​
Push​
31​
Slate​
20​
1​
TEST Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
HD​
-1​
3​
SD mpeg4
1​
SD mpeg2
RB​
Engr Work​
41​
-2​
2​

The PID count Excel workbook provides much more count detail.

Newly updated tables of Streams on each transponder are available in the DataDigesters TPN Grids

More details of changes in individual channels will follow in the Weekly Analysis
and Gary Toma's Domestic TPN Map Excel files

A few SD_LIL changes continue
MLB Changes Active, especially for PR
Weekly Analysis soon
Enjoy
DataDigesters

Weekly Analysis for 4/03/2024:

Attachments

• Weekly_Analysis_240403.xlsx
    17.8 KB · Views: 35
In addition to the stuff noticed over the past week involving the MLB teams and Merit street going live

Prep for next week's Masters experience

RIP TV Japan and NECO. CINEHD 158 has returned now that it is no longer needed for the INFO slate

A bunch of Chicago, LA, Minneapolis and NYC SD locals are now live on D16 TPN 4

9755 GIFT (Extra Innings On Us) is now live, 9756 GIFT (League Pass on Us) has been removed

The Barvanna channel (9581) was recently enhanced with a “reverse L bar” with betting content from SportsGrid, which is now a reason to switch it from SD to HD

DirecTV Satellite Transponder Updates for Apr 10 2024

Comparison of Transponder Data for Apr 10 2024 vs Apr 03 2024:

No changes in system tables for any transponder tuning parameters.

Changes to the use of defined transponders:

2 Transponders cleared of all Streams::
Net 0 TID 17 Beam BB10 is a Spot Beam Transponder on D9S@101, TPN 18
On 04/03/24 this transponder serves DMA 172-Seattle, WA
Net 10 TID 137 Beam NAT is a National Transponder on D11@99cb, TPN 14

Stream (PID) counts:

LIVE Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
4​
HD​
276​
1​
1450​
SD mpeg4
140​
202​
SD mpeg2
385​
2​
163​
-37​
RB​
Audio​
89​
Push​
31​
Slate​
20​
1​
TEST Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
HD​
3​
SD mpeg4
1​
SD mpeg2
RB​
Engr Work​
34​
-7​
2​

The PID count Excel workbook provides much more count detail.

Newly updated tables of Streams on each transponder are available in the DataDigesters TPN Grids

More details of changes in individual channels will follow in the Weekly Analysis
and Gary Toma's Domestic TPN Map Excel files

More clean up of SD LILs on D9s SAT at 101
Weekly Analysis soon!
Enjoy
DataDigesters

Reactions: Gary Toma
Weekly Analysis for 4/10/2024:

Attachments

• Weekly_Analysis_240410.xlsx
    23.8 KB · Views: 32
ShopHQ HD is in test mode, using the TPN slot that previously had the test feed of NBC East

Goodbye March Madness, hello Masters and Roland-Garros

The D11 TPN 14 channels moved to TPN 2

CINE 176 is live again and is no longer being repurposed for the MLBEI auth channel

9758 MOVIES (Ultimate package offer) is now live

SD LIL progress:
Baltimore, Birmingham, Houston, Seattle and DC are now pointing to the slate
Dallas, Detroit, Greenville, Phoenix, San Francisco and St. Louis now have their final notices in multiple slots

WSOC Charlotte's HD feed is now available to select areas in the Greensboro DMA after losing the SD feed a few weeks ago

Im sure the special event feeds (9001-9001) along with the CINEHD feeds are all being used up for this busy sports day/night with Masters Experience, 15 NBA games, 5 NHL games, 14 MLB games (including 2 for Apple TV 9528/9529), 8 ESPN+Biz events (6 in primetime), and Power Slap on 9537… even Monumental has an alt cast of the Wizards game that is taking up a feed on 642-1
Channels 769 and 770 are NBA LP for tonight

Last edited:
For those wondering what happens if the report about the Coyotes moving to Salt Lake City next season ends up being true. Arizona will still be in their TV territory, however they will lose the exclusive status for the state, while over in Utah the Golden Knights and Avalanche will no longer be available as in market teams.

If the multi year deal they signed with Scripps included a clause that lets their stations keep the TV rights in the event of relocation, odds are Arizona 61 will air both teams next season like Utah 16 currently does. Idaho 6 and MTN Montana would likely be part of the new Utah NHL TV territory too.

I'm not sure where this is headed. DIRECTV has filed for, and been granted permission to reorient D5@110 to its original orientation, covering the lower 48 and Alaska. It had been reorinted to cover Puerto Rico, and lately left in an elliptical orbit requiring little fuel for station keeping. There are no DSS modulated signals on the three DIRECTV licensed TPNs at 110.

Correction, It also covers Hawaii, but I believe its Alaska and Hawaii beams require larger receive antennas.

• Wow
Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
I'm not sure where this is headed. DIRECTV has filed for, and been granted permission to reorient D5@110 to its original orientation, covering the lower 48 and Alaska. It had been reorinted to cover Puerto Rico, and lately left in an elliptical orbit requiring little fuel for station keeping. There are no DSS modulated signals on the three DIRECTV licensed TPNs at 110.

Correction, It also covers Hawaii, but I believe its Alaska and Hawaii beams require larger receive antennas.
Wouldn't the reintroduction of D5 require DirecTV to create a new dish and/or LNB that allows the reception of 99, 101, 103 and 110?

Wouldn't the reintroduction of D5 require DirecTV to create a new dish and/or LNB that allows the reception of 99, 101, 103 and 110?
The current LNBs that receive 119 also recelve 110. They are not installed in most residential accounts, unless they needed the 119 SD locals. This may be for some niche subset of customers.

The two systems that I use for capturing the APG data and feeding REDH use Legacy SL5 LNBs (no SWM and no Reverse Band). So I can monitor 110 for signals, if they are DSS (SD) signals. The modified DVBS2 modulation and encoding used for DirecTV's Mpeg4 transmission can't be received by those receivers. I do Show in my spare parts Inventory list a SL5DR SWM/RB LNB that could get 110 on my modern DIRECTV receivers, but I put it away years ago, and never expected to have any use for it. I still don't.

As I recall, they had requested a 10 year extension and were denied. FCC gave them something like 2-3 years . Probably because of the age and station keeping issues.

I believe I remember reading over on the old Edgecutter forum that they extended the life for it to 2032.
That is what DIRECTV requested, but the request was "granted in part and denied in part". I can find no record of that grant in the FCC database. According to the FCC database the current authorization for D5 expires 02/28/2027.

I wonder if the FCC is getting pressure from Dish to free up those transponder slots since Directv is no longer using them. They can provide a signal the US dishes can receive for a bit, then go back to an inclined orbit, then re-orient it again every time Dish complains.

I mean honestly, the only reason they haven't retired it is to make life hard for Dish. They are never going to use it! Maybe they keep it as a bargaining chip if they ever need anything from Charlie lol