DIRECTV Transponder Maps: Data 3/16/09

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gct

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
San Diego
The attachments to this post cover DIRECTV Channels and Transponders, both CONUS (Continental US or National beams) and LIL (Local Into Local or Spot beams).

Three PDF documents provide the data for DIRECTV Satellites at the 99, 101, 103, 110 and 119 West positions, formatted in three ways:

1. A full listing in Network Number sequence
  2. A full listing in Channel Name sequence
  3. A full listing in Channel Number sequence

Three supplemental documents are also provided:

• A Transponder and Network Number Networklist reference sheet. This information is particularly useful in understanding the LIL data.
  • A Network Decoder map showing the satellites and transponders graphically as they appear on your receiver.
  • And for those of you who prefer to work with the data in Excel, a file rollyourown.xls is provided.

All documents are fully unprotected so you may copy and use the data as you wish.
-------
edit:
Files updated 3/22 to fix the missing channels.

Outdated attachments removed 4/3/09.

Last edited by a moderator:
These tables are excellent information for anyone considering "moving" or having trouble with their locals (checcking spotbeam signals). Without these tables, it is nearly impossible to know what spotbeam transponder your desired locals would be on, and thus impossible to know the signal strength.

Thanks again GCT for posting these, and updating them regularly.

Necessary Updates

Sometime during the process of my turning the crank on my datagrinder, I lost 172 channels. These were all LIL channels for Network Numbers 632 through 646.

The problem is purely mine in parsing the data. The raw data was all there.

Jason will be updating the documents in post #1 very soon. An additional file covering the 72.5W and 95W sats has also been added.

Again - sorry for the error -
frown.gif

gct

Thanks, Jason. I think DIRECTV tech support may have given me a wrong answer. Based on what I see in these tables, DNS network feeds in HD should be coming off sat 99. I get the SD versions of CBS E/W on 380/381 and ABC W on 387. Since I have HD service, I asked for (and was told I could have) the HD versions on 390/391 and 397. But after two days of troubleshooting, I still get "channel not purchased (721)". They finally told me I couldn't get them because they were on sat 119, which I cannot receive due to line of site issues. Sounds like I need to have them try again, no?

GCT these are great!

Thank you for your hard work! I saw them the other day and didn't thank you... so THANK YOU!

Fresh Data

Please see the new thread dated 4/2/09 for the most current Transponder Map data.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)