DirecTV TV Anywhere - Viacom channels update?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

irishjdf

Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
earth
Forgive me if this thread exists somewhere else because i searched for it and couldn't find it anywhere. Has there been any news about adding the Viacom channels to the TV Anwhere IPad app? I understand part of the deal with DirecTV and Viacom was adding their channels to the LIVE streaming. I guess they haven't even added that ability to the iPhone yet so I should wait a few more years for DirecTV to work on it?

Still beta.
I guess once this gets out of beta we will truly have tv everywhere (hopefully)
Not just from our home network.
It did come in handy the other day during a heavy thunderstorm.:)

I haven't heard any timeline on the Viacom being added to "directv anywhere" streaming of yet, but they did announce it would come with the new deal.

From what I've heard, they are getting close to out-of-home streaming for the directv anywhere, iPad and perhaps eventually others.

I haven't heard any timeline on the Viacom being added to "directv anywhere" streaming of yet, but they did announce it would come with the new deal.

From what I've heard, they are getting close to out-of-home streaming for the directv anywhere, iPad and perhaps eventually others.

That would be great jay. and the addition of comedy central to the app would be nice for me as well.

That would be great jay. and the addition of comedy central to the app would be nice for me as well.

Rey,
These are still shows that are more or less recorded on the network, right, kinda like On Demand type stuff.

Still nothing "Live" I guess is what I'm getting at.

Rey,
These are still shows that are more or less recorded on the network, right, kinda like On Demand type stuff.

Still nothing "Live" I guess is what I'm getting at.
it's live streaming from the channels available in the app (ipad). one channel not available is comedy central from viacom which i would like to have. i know the android version on my phone is only on demand stuff.

Rey said:
it's live streaming from the channels available in the app (ipad). one channel not available is comedy central from viacom which i would like to have. i know the android version on my phone is only on demand stuff.

Yep. Still waiting on two things. Live streaming away from your home network and iPhone app version.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)