Directv TV Tuner Cards

Reignfire

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
NC, United States
Are there any tv tuner cards that can work with Directv w/o using their boxes? I was going to build a home theatre PC with a hdmi graphics card and blueray drive and receive HD satellite TV into Windows Media Center if I could. Thank you.

Really? Why not? TV tuner cards and media center do a much better job of recording and accessing your media than any set top box o.o I guess that ends my plans of having a media center PC to control my television programs.

Directv was working on a tuner card that would integrate into Windows Media Center but I believe they suspended development in December 2008.

I'm wondering if something like Slingcatcher would work for you. It's still a bit pricey to use as a tuner card, but it's dropped by more than half since it came out. I'm guessing the final product wasn't what people had hoped it would be which prompted slashing the price.

Really? Why not? TV tuner cards and media center do a much better job of recording and accessing your media than any set top box o.o I guess that ends my plans of having a media center PC to control my television programs.

Probably because they want you to use (and pay for) their DVR. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)