DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I like freedom of choice...I just explained why the NFL wont let widespread availabilty ever happen...to protect the rights of the local channels
99% of all commercials during a NFL game are exactly the same. Only about 4 to 5 minutes is any local advertising. Thats where a teck giant will be able to make everyone happy with local adds inserted.

I watch Chicago baseball now and they have all kinds of local ads inserted, for Phoenix....Which is stupid as Phoenix is 3 hours away from me. but you get the point.

I like freedom of choice...I just explained why the NFL wont let widespread availabilty ever happen...to protect the rights of the local channels
The NFL does not care, if all the Cable and Satellite companies grouped together and said we are guaranteeing at least $3-4 Billion a year for ST, the NFL would have jumped at it.

But they care only about money, that is it, if it cared about ratings, if it cared about many people are watching, use the Peacock deal as evidence they do not, if they wanted more to watch, they could of offered it to Paramount+ for less money, who has 60 Million Subscribers instead of the 24 Million Peacock has.

Or they could of demanded the game be on NBC and Peacock, but nope, just take the check for $110 Million and make the owners happy.

I'd say they care, they just aren't significantly compromising potential viewership to the point where it matters compared to the revenue it's generating. The big difference between these deals and say Sunday Ticket on DirecTV is there isn't a deal here that is as restricted and less available than that package. They've objectively increased the reach of all of these telecasts via the standalone availability of YouTube's Sunday Ticket, while also maximizing guaranteed revenue. Sure, people will be upset about the playoff game on Peacock, but it's not like it's exclusive to something not available in every market.

It's been a very successful offseason for the NFL front office.

99% of all commercials during a NFL game are exactly the same. Only about 4 to 5 minutes is any local advertising. Thats where a teck giant will be able to make everyone happy with local adds inserted.

I watch Chicago baseball now and they have all kinds of local ads inserted, for Phoenix....Which is stupid as Phoenix is 3 hours away from me. but you get the point.
According to informed opinions on this site( not mine because I agree with you on the commercials).. youtubetv will be replacing lots of commercials..but in reality..youtubetv uses individual personalized commercials that differ from subscriber to subscriber..if you were to constantly jump from game to game ( like during a commercial break).. the youtubetv software can get hung up and cause issues...its a little more complicated than how cable and directv do it

• Haha
Reactions: meStevo
Status
Please reply by conversation.