DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You know it won't start till NEXT Season, right ...
True, but the points expire the end of the year, so I had to use them.

They will stay in my Google Account until I use them.

Last edited:
Well if the comments about wanting NFL Sunday Ticket but not wanting to pay for Directv are true, NFL Sunday Ticket will do very well on Youtube. I will believe it when I see it, however.

I saw an article that had some surveys showing that if the price was reduced to $150 that the number of NFLST subscriptions would go up by 94%. Basically double from 2 million to 4 million, at half the price.

There are a lot of people who will say they are interested in NFLST, but balk at any price other than "basically free in addition to what I already get".

I saw an article that had some surveys showing that if the price was reduced to $150 that the number of NFLST subscriptions would go up by 94%. Basically double from 2 million to 4 million, at half the price.

There are a lot of people who will say they are interested in NFLST, but balk at any price other than "basically free in addition to what I already get".
But at 2 billion thats not going to happen

Sure hope your internet speed is fast enough to support it
I am amazed that negative things are still being brought up even after Google won the rights.

Cord Cutters have won, give it up, we will learn more as time goes on, probably quite quickly, start of the next season is basically only 9 months away.

Reactions: comp9 and Mr Tony
I am amazed that negative things are still being brought up even after Google won the rights.

Cord Cutters have won, give it up, we will learn more as time goes on, probably quite quickly, start of the next season is basically only 9 months away.
I am not at all surprised. They can cry as hard as they want.

This is business; nothing else. There are exponentially more fans that will be able to buy NFLST next season than there have been in the past. While Directv offers an excellent product, having a costly subscription and a dish on the roof are definitely a barrier to entry. Decent internet is all that's needed from this point on. We'll see where pricing lands when Google announces it.

Internet varies

Reactions: AZ.
Internet varies
Google will soon be able to offer it to about 100 Million People that have fast enough Broadband.

If you need help with the math, that is 10 times the subscribers of DirecTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.