Directv values your privacy...not :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

newsposter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2005
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=57346

page 83 of the pdf file- in the link above- for the webcast appears to list a valid account number, name and phone number. I had thought it not possible but someone else confirmed on verizon's web site it at least is a public phone number to that persons address. I did find the wife's name on a reverse directory site. So 'maybe' that's a coincidence that the names match?

nahh...they screwed up!

doubt the web address would work as it's probably internal right?

Last edited:
Tonedeaf said:
Wow. That is some S*&T right there. :eek:
Who is gonna be the first to let this guy know about it? Wonder what D* will do for him.
Hell not me I do not want him yelling at me.

I just call and the got the wife and she will call him and he will call me back.

and I showed her the PDF

Roger said:
Good find! How many hearts are in your profile? :lol

i've been TCP since day one. Better be at least 5. I more did this as a public service. I really dont like getting involved but this was so egregious I just had to point it out. I'm glad someone took the ball and hopefully directv will issue a public apology to these fine Maine folks.

amazing, they just deleted the thread on the tivo board in which I posted the error. I guess maybe they take money from directv also? not just tivo? It was part of the webcast thread so i feel bad others had their words deleted.

I hope this board is not so funded so the truth can stay out there!

I just talk to John and he said that DIRECTV is taking care of it he did not say what they are doing for him but he just said they are taking care of it.

Well maybe they wanted to protect the guys info. I don't know these people but perhaps give them the benefit of the doubt.

newsposter said:
amazing, they just deleted the thread on the tivo board in which I posted the error. I guess maybe they take money from directv also? not just tivo? It was part of the webcast thread so i feel bad others had their words deleted.

I hope this board is not so funded so the truth can stay out there!
I do not know what you posted before the thread was deleted but did you post the account number and the phone number on tivocommunity.com?

thats fine, they can delete my post that had his info it in..no complaints from me...but to delete the whole thread including the parts that just said it was DTVs fault is plain wrong and a slap to all the contributors of that thread.

Even if someone _did_ post the information, they could have either, edited out the unwanted info from the offending post(s), or delete only the post(s) the info was located in, there should be no reason to wipe out an entire thread for _that_ reason alone.

I see on page 91 that they assume 3% increase in programming per year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.