Directv vs Directv Stream

Currently the only thing I am missing since switching from Sat to Stream is The NFL Network. I understand that it is due to existing contracts. Anyone have any insights as to when the contract is up for renewal?
I realize that D* is losing NFLST after this season.

Those of you that Have D* Stream ....
I am looking into it for a friend that has D* at thier lake (as well as home), they are having issues with obstruction due to a neighbors tree that has been starting to block the signal.
Got to thinking, this would be perfect for them.

Is the D* Stream basically the same as D* with a guide and channels ?

Yes it’s same channel line up and numbers with a few exceptions. All the major channels are on stream except a handful like
NFL network, MavTv , outdoor life, and all the religious channels.
Stream does have a few channels that satellite does not have, like Heroes and Icons and Fox Weather.
And with No Contract, right ?

And thats just downloading an App, right ?
No boxes anymore ...
You can use a box. From what I have read it's more like the sat version with the box. But you can use the app for no extra charge.

And thats just downloading an App, right ?
No boxes anymore ...
Roku and Fire.

Works best if you have a newer Roku, runs slow on older roku models.

Well after reading up on a lot of the D* Stream stuff, I was hoping it was a simple download of an app to the TV's, but it looks like it is not that simple ....
Each of the TV's have Google Play store available to them, so this should have been easy, but lo and behold, its NOT as D*Stream apparently is NOT available on at least the Sony TV's I have ... which means getting ahold of Sony and seeing if they have an update coming out or investing in Rokus for all the TV's every one would need one for ....

Yes, it would be on me to set all them up and teach them all how to use them.

Rokus would be an option, its just a Poor option ....
Everyone I'm talking about has D* already, so they would like the numbering system to continue to work, and it does on the App, but a Roku doesn't have numbers on them, so the numbers would not be available to them ....
Same goes for Firestick if I'm not mistaken.

So, now it would be them buying rokus for each TV AND a remote that MIGHT work with them.

Last option I think is to get the actual D* Stream Box ....

Is this box part of the D* set up, what is the current model ? Was it the C71 ?
Is this the ATT Streaming with D*'s name put on it ?

I see them on the internet, but I'd like to Know what I'm looking for.
I believe they have a remote that has numbers on it.

I tried going right to D* website, but its like pulling teeth to get any real info.

It would have been SOOOOOO much easier to just download to the Sony TV's and use the Provided Sony remote.
I do have a few that I think will require a box.

I've got at least 5 to set up, if I decide to go this route.

Well after reading up on a lot of the D* Stream stuff, I was hoping it was a simple download of an app to the TV's, but it looks like it is not that simple ....
Each of the TV's have Google Play store available to them, so this should have been easy, but lo and behold, its NOT as D*Stream apparently is NOT available on at least the Sony TV's I have ... which means getting ahold of Sony and seeing if they have an update coming out or investing in Rokus for all the TV's every one would need one for ....

Everyone I'm talking about has D* already, so they would like the numbering system to continue to work, and it does on the App, but a Roku doesn't have numbers on them, so the numbers would not be available to them ....

So, now it would be them buying rokus for each TV AND a remote that MIGHT work with them.

I tried going right to D* website, but its like pulling teeth to get any real info.

It would have been SOOOOOO much easier to just download to the Sony TV's and use the Provided Sony remote.

I highly recommend that you get the D* box. It is a regular remote with numbers. It can also control your tv and audio equipment.
You can purchase factory renewed units from D* for around $50.00. Comes with box, remote, and HDMI cable.
The D* box C71KW-xxx is an android/google box. You can download just about any app you can think of to the box.
Very intuitive and easy to set up.
Picture quality is as good as, if not better, than Sat.

there are numbers on the firestick
you have the option of alphabetical or numerical
i use the numerical, so it looks like the sat guide
the issue with tvs is the os, i think they want as few version of the app as possible, since roku and fire are so prevelant, they went that way

there are numbers on the firestick
you have the option of alphabetical or numerical
i use the numerical, so it looks like the sat guide
the issue with tvs is the os, i think they want as few version of the app as possible, since roku and fire are so prevelant, they went that way
TY
I didn't know there were numbers on the Firestick ...
I have been using Rokus so far when needed, don't remember any of them with numbers, but there could be.

you can get refurbed dtv stream boxes from dtv or ebay for 50.00

well its official, just canceled dtv, already have stream up with timers transferred to it
Ok, when you say you Cancelled DTV and have Stream up ...
Does that mean you went from D* Sat to D* Stream ?

If so, how do you like it so far ?
I presume its very similar to D* Sat without some of the channels.