Directv vs Directv Stream

I had Directv satellite since 1996 and changed to stream this past December. Absolutely love it so far. Love the fact I don’t pay all the fees for HD and DVR and additional receivers. That alone saved me close to $40. I like that nearly every channel is in HD even channels they are only SD on satellite. I like they don’t have all the infomercial channels. Also that can take dvr with you on the go. Can see all my channels even local when on the go.

Currently the only thing I am missing since switching from Sat to Stream is The NFL Network. I understand that it is due to existing contracts. Anyone have any insights as to when the contract is up for renewal?
I realize that D* is losing NFLST after this season.
My understanding is that carriage of NFL Network on DTV has been tied to NFLST. And the contract for NFLST is ending after this season. So my guess is that a year from now we'll either see NFL Network on both Sat and Stream, under a new carriage contract, or on neither one.

Aside from that, the future of NFL Network may be somewhat up in the air as the NFL is trying to sell a major ownership stake in NFL Media, most likely to whoever ends up winning the next NFLST contract (probably Apple). And if that happens, then it's possible that some or all of the content currently on NFL Network could end up being exclusive to that company. For instance, some or all of what's now on NFL Network might end up being part of Apple TV+. But that's all based on rumor and speculation. We'll see.

Reactions: I WANT MORE
I highly recommend that you get the D* box. It is a regular remote with numbers. It can also control your tv and audio equipment.
You can purchase factory renewed units from D* for around $50.00. Comes with box, remote, and HDMI cable.
The D* box C71KW-xxx is an android/google box. You can download just about any app you can think of to the box.
Very intuitive and easy to set up.
Picture quality is as good as, if not better, than Sat.
After landing the apps for Prime Video and Hulu, the only major app missing on their box, I think, is the Apple TV app. Don't know why DTV and Apple can't come to an agreement to allow it on the box since Apple already has a version of their app available for Android TV (the OS that their box runs).

Ok, when you say you Cancelled DTV and have Stream up ...
Does that mean you went from D* Sat to D* Stream ?

If so, how do you like it so far ?
I presume its very similar to D* Sat without some of the channels.
i liked it enough to switch.
if there are missing channels they are ones i do not watch.
they actually want my hr34 and hr24 returned, oh well, i will have to hit the ups store

i liked it enough to switch.
if there are missing channels they are ones i do not watch.
they actually want my hr34 and hr24 returned, oh well, i will have to hit the ups store
They want the HR34 back ... :facepalm

I can see the HR24's, they are old, but still being used and replaced for those that don't convert to the HS17 / client combo.

I had a hard time trying to get one earlier this year.

1665415666823.png
No numbers on Fire Stick remote.